paypal

Currently reading:
paypal

i got this email from pay pal

We are sending you this notice because you have received more than 650.00 GBP in total payments to your PayPal account.

PayPal is required by law to comply with European Union Anti-Money Laundering regulations to collect information from customers when they receive more than the set limit in total payments. Please log into your account, go to the Account Overview page, and follow the instructions there about how to provide the required information. These steps need to be completed as soon as possible to comply with this regulation.

If you have any trouble completing these steps, please contact Customer Service at 08707 307 191

We appreciate your business and apologise for any inconvenience.

it says i have to register my business details thing is i dont have one anyone had this problem before?

i got this email from pay pal

We are sending you this notice because you have received more than 650.00 GBP in total payments to your PayPal account.

PayPal is required by law to comply with European Union Anti-Money Laundering regulations to collect information from customers when they receive more than the set limit in total payments. Please log into your account, go to the Account Overview page, and follow the instructions there about how to provide the required information. These steps need to be completed as soon as possible to comply with this regulation.

If you have any trouble completing these steps, please contact Customer Service at 08707 307 191

We appreciate your business and apologise for any inconvenience.

it says i have to register my business details thing is i dont have one anyone had this problem before?

I remember having to set up a business account ages ago because of the amount through paypal, i think its all legit, are you confirmed adresses on paypal, did they sent two small payments to your bank acount and ask you to add them together??? and tell them the total... they have some crazy ideas, but they work

Last edited:
I remember having to set up a business account ages ago because of the amount through paypal, i think its all legit, are you confirmed adresses on paypal, did they sent two small payments to your bank acoount and ask you to add them together??? and tellt hem the total... they have some crazy ideas, but they work

yeah i did it ages ago been an account holder for years
im going to ring them tomorrow and tell them iam not a business
and when i sell stuff on ebay again its going to be cheque only paypals a joke

Last edited:
Another bank acccount will be fine for cheques. But business accounts are expensive for what they are, and for internet transactions and the like, you'll possibly need a merchant account and a card clearing facility and yep you've most probably guessed it they all charge seperately. I have an additional account with my bank which is free, and use this one for my self-employed courier work. Income from oils and greases from the states that I'll be selling will also go into this account, and then square up with the US company once a month with them inccuring the currency charge as well, seeing as they want me to promote this stuff and provide it to me with no upfront cost to myself.

Another bank acccount will be fine for cheques. But business accounts are expensive for what they are, and for internet transactions and the like, you'll possibly need a merchant account and a card clearing facility and yep you've most probably guessed it they all charge seperately. I have an additional account with my bank which is free, and use this one for my self-employed courier work. Income from oils and greases from the states that I'll be selling will also go into this account, and then square up with the US company once a month with them inccuring the currency charge as well, seeing as they want me to promote this stuff and provide it to me with no upfront cost to myself.

All I need is a basic account where people can transfer their payments direct Bank to Bank.

all they want you to do is answer a few questions, its same thing they do for every account holder in this situation, it doesn't cost you anything and doesnt affect your paypal account so why is it a problem? :confused:

I had a similar email from paypal a few years ago, except it was when I'd had total receipts of £4500 i think, its basically a security check, nothing to be concerned over.

Back