Ebay, PayPal

Currently reading:
Ebay, PayPal

Hi all, I have an assortment of stuff I wish to sell on Ebay but I'm a bit dubious about the payment options. I've set up an Ebay account but not a PayPal one. Is this necessary? Do they take your card details and have the ability to take payments without asking? I've looked at the basic terms etc. but I'd like to hear any advice from anyone on Fiat Forum that uses Ebay and Paypal.
Obviously I don't want to get ripped off but neither do I want loads of grief, spending hours online or on the 'phone trying to sort out issues caused by the kind of typical Ebay numpties I keep hearing about.
Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated (y)

It works ok.
But they BOTH charge fees.

So for bigger..
'Collection only' items..

Cash is king..
No point in Paypal when they are stood at your front door.

Tbh.. I use Gumtree for bigger items now..
Ebay has been overtaken in many respects..

I find its only useful as a 'shop window' for NICHE items.

Where you can have GLOBAL questions: enquiries.

As an example a 1960s FIAT dealer poster

Or a batch of Manx:TT items.

Hope that helps.

Charlie

If you sell items as collection only NEVER take pay Pal as payment,state cash on collection only in the listing,if you take a pay Pal payment and the buyer collects all they have to do is open a dispute with pay Pal and say they have not received the item,pay Pal will then ask you for the tracking number and when you can't produce one they will automatically refund the buyer and not only will you have lost the goods but also your money.

Back