Technical Passenger side window

Currently reading:
Technical Passenger side window

Before I contact the few sellers that are breaking barchettas on eBay, has anyone got a passenger side window kicking around looking for a home?

Came out this morning to that annoying pile of shattered glass on the floor and all over the inside of the car. The crime doesn't really bother me any more, I know there's no chance of the police doing anything. It's just the inconvenience for me that's frustrating.

Before I contact the few sellers that are breaking barchettas on eBay, has anyone got a passenger side window kicking around looking for a home?

Came out this morning to that annoying pile of shattered glass on the floor and all over the inside of the car. The crime doesn't really bother me any more, I know there's no chance of the police doing anything. It's just the inconvenience for me that's frustrating.

I can't help with the window (although I believe that DTR usually have a few on the shelf) but am really sorry to hear your bad news, juust hope they cut their arm/hand in the process :mad:

Arms full of boxes and bags last night and lousy weather meant I couldn't be bothered to go back out and get the SatNav from the glove box. Considering I'm the one who always says to mates that they should make sure they do just that I feel a bit stupid really...

So, 1 SatNav and a pair of sunglasses is all that's missing. Haven't seen any damage as it was dark when I left this morning although there are usually a few small scratches to the paintwork.

I'll probably try DTR although I don't hold out much hope of them answering the phone...

Check ins policy and see if side glass is also included in the windscreen cover with no loss of bonus. I assume you don't want to loose no claims by not claiming. Otherwise give auto glarse a call and see how much they charge may be cheaper than other avenues.

I finally got around to doing this the other day. DTR provided the glass at £60 so thanks for that suggestion.

The reason I wanted to do this myself was because last time I had one done on the barchetta (by Autoglass) they didn't do a very good job. The window has never fitted properly and lets water in and I also wanted the chance to lubricate the runners and generally see what goes on inside the door and learn how to adjust the window so I can sort the other one out. Also, going through the insurance doesn't affect the NCB but does cost the same in excess payment so I couldn't see the point.

To anyone who has problems with draughts, wind noise or rain coming in, I'd advise you to get the door panel off and have a go at adjusting the glass. It's really easy to do. I'd put it off for a while because I thought it would be very fiddly but it's really not, and in about half an hour you could have your problems solved. I now have a well fitting window which opens and closes smoothly and quickly. I'll sort the other one out over the weekend.

You'll need to follow this to the letter, although it doesn't tell you to remove the door pull, which you will need to do so will also need a bigger hex head, and I would unplug the tweeter connection to remove the door panel completely. There's a yellow connector block a few inches back from the tweeter so you don't need to worry about noting which wire goes where. This will also come in handy:

Adjust_glass.jpg

Back