Technical Passenger side panel rattle

Currently reading:
Technical Passenger side panel rattle

froggernaut

Hi,

I am having some "fun" with the passenger side panel under the dash (the panel in front of the passenger's legs, yes the painted bit). It consistently rattles when the outside temperature is <20 degrees. Have tried tightening the screws, putting different bits of cloth/rubber/whathaveyou between the panel and the edges, but without result. However, just putting my hand on the panel whilst driving (yes, it's just as unsafe as it sounds, leaning over like that):eek: will stop the flipping rattle...

Can you recommend a good solution?

Thanks

Thomas

Last edited:
Have a passenger hold it for you... the pannel that is.

Ok, some actual solutions, can you glue the panel in place? I take it its not an opening to a storage compartment (glovebox etc..) Another option may be to ensure that the pannel is fitting tightly by putting some rubber/clioth pads behind it and screwing it back in place, however this may cause it to not align with other interior pannels.

I guess the best way to solve the rattle is to try and identify the way its vibrating, is it a vertical motion with the sides of the recess, or is it horizantal with the back of the recess?

Hope that hels :)

Back