Technical Passenger door drops

Currently reading:
Technical Passenger door drops

rebelbuttmunch99

Hi,

98 Marea Weekend 1.6 petrol.

So, the passenger door is dropping an inch or so when its opened, and climbs back up onto the lock when closed. I've attached a diagram :)

I suspect 'A' is broken/worn. I went to a dealer and got a hinge piece for 15 quid. I dont think its gonna work though because the piece he sold me needs to be welded to the door at 'D'. So thats useless, im not welding!

Is it possible to disconnect 'C' and 'B' ? On the piece I bought 'C' is a rivet, and on the car 'B' seems pretty stiff....

Any ideas? Im afraid if I leave it the lock will eventually break, or the door...
Thanks!
Stephen

Attachments

• door.JPG
    door.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 34
the inner part of the hinge is bolted to the body with 2 8mm alan keys and a 10mm bolt through the barrel of the hinge, ye its very easily done mate,i have never seen one go at the welded side and i have worked on fiats for years(y)

the inner part of the hinge is bolted to the body with 2 8mm alan keys and a 10mm bolt through the barrel of the hinge, ye its very easily done mate,i have never seen one go at the welded side and i have worked on fiats for years(y)

Youve inspired confidence. I'll give it a go.

I was just about to start, Ive verified that all the nuts and bolts will move, and I was wondering if, to replace the top hinge, will I have to take the door totally off? Can I just get away with somehow hanging the door or jacking up the door and just replacing the top hinge?

Thanks!

I've done this on another car i've owned. If you take the weight of the door with a jack (possibly with a block of wood to spread the weight) and with another person to keep the door upright to save it from twisting then you should be ok to just swap the top hinge.

Back