Technical Rear door handle broken...child lock ON

Currently reading:
Technical Rear door handle broken...child lock ON

kat7

Hi folks,
2002 Marea Weekend
A rear door will not open from the outside ( the handle has pulled off the opening mechanism and the child lock is ON !!
Please can anyone tell me how to open the door so that I can fix the exterior handle?
I cannot remove the interior trim panel because the screw heads are hidden by the closed door !
Thanks Alb.

How much of the hande is missing? Can you fish out the steel bar with wire from the opening and then pull it to open?

(I have drilled holes the panel on my tailgate to open the locks once they jammed...hope it doesn't get to that with your door).

Hi Neverth,
Thanks for the reply.
I can see the metal rod that is threaded on one end (which is attached to a piece of plastic on a metal lever)the other end is hooked.... But I do not see how this can possibly work to open the door??
Does the metal rod sit vertically in the door and simply pass through the end of the handle ? and it is pulled 'sideways' when the door is opened ??
I am really puzzled.....
I have been searching for photos showing how the mechanism works without any success.....Does anyone have some that they could supply on here for me ?

Oops, from pictures it looks like the handle pushes the bar.

Here is righside front locking from barvo and you see where the bar attaches and that it can only move down.

But I havent taken one apart myself so I dont know how the child lock mechanism and the inner door handle are attached to...

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi Neverth,
Thank you for the reply.
I removed the weather strip from the top of the door.
I then used a metal tube to reach inside and push down on the opening mechanism and the door was then easy to pull open !! Hurrah !
I then removed the inner panel and found that the actual handle mechanism was damaged with a piece broken off in the bottom of the door. Its the metal piece that links the plastic handle to the threaded metal rod.
Ebay has supplied a list of door handles and I just need to find out what is meant in Poland by 'Left' or 'Right' hand side :)

Back