General parts road trip strip down

Currently reading:
General parts road trip strip down

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4555898372&fromMakeTrack=true

i'm bidding on this! however all i'm after are the side skirts and the bonnet, ive left a message for the vendor, and hopefully can bypass the auction, go straight down tmrw or sunday and strip it for not much, anyone want in? looks like lots of good bits

make a day of it, swarm the car, take whats left to the local scrappy, spilt the cost everyones a winner, anyone?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I'd be interested in the sunroof especially if the rubber seal that goes on the roof frame is in good nick.

As it's a mk1 there's probably quite a few other bits that I'd find useful too. What's your plan for going down? Are you going to bring it back or definitely strip it while it is down there?

I'm not free on Saturday though.

Chas

strip it on site, tear out as much as possible and arrange for it to be collected by scrappy locally, and bring home whats left! seems a shame coz a second hand engine should be quite cheap, but i dont have the time, space or inclination to get into that, or a wife who understands as much as she used to........if i can arrange with the vendor a suitable time, i dont mind going alone, collecting what people want, first come first etc etc, and bringing it back and just getting petrol money to cover, other wise it's the usual of having to sell it

sunday would be perfect, however still waiting for a call/email back from the vendor....sigh

you still need the sunroof assembly? thats gonna be fun to take out!

could this be the cheapest uno i've ever bought...one whole penny,

Last edited:
I would like the plastic wheel arches please, if they will fit my Mk2.

I'd certainly be willing to come along and help out. Just throw me a spanner and tell me what to do (seriously) - I'd enjoy it.
I take it the idea is also to strip other parts (headlights, seats, interior trims, engine bits, etc. etc.) even though people may not need them, so they can be ebay'd at profit?

Equally (to, everyone), can anyone help me with my cheapo Uno purchase (see here)?? :eek:
Thinking about it, we could do the same (strip it there), but I'm not sure how local a scrap yard is to the place. Also, Chas wants the engine. Anyways, don't want to hijack your thread, so more news on my one :)

As soon as you hear let me know. I'm more than up for going down to help pull it apart. I'm pretty adept at dismantelling Uno's!

By the way, the sunroof assembly is easy to take out - if you know how ;)

1p for a Uno, the mind boggles...

Oh, and it's a shame it's not nearer as it would be perfect for a Tipo 1.6 engine swap!

turboned said:
sunday would be perfect, however still waiting for a call/email back from the vendor....sigh

you still need the sunroof assembly? thats gonna be fun to take out!

could this be the cheapest uno i've ever bought...one whole penny,

right it's all set! i have a shiny penny for the owner, and i'm going tmrw with chas, all things being equal we shoul have most of what is useful/worthwhile by the end of the day, anyone with a special request for bits of the 70sx that either chas or i havent thought about let me know in here, basically if i can get it off the car, and have space in mine i will get it back to my place and sell it on to cover costs

cant seem to upload photos, suffice to say...we totally dominated that uno!

and by the way if you need a car tearing apart chas is your man, took him literally minutes to get the sunroof out, dash off, and not that long to get the loom.....

Heh heh! Let's just say I've ripped apart cars a few times over the years ;)

Mind you, you got loads of bits off yourself in a very short space of time! But while your back was turned I popped the windscreen out, removed the entire sunroof assembly, pulled out the whole dash and all the wiring too. You looked a little surprised when you saw all that on the ground :eek:

I'm knackered now though! Going to have a shower then take it easy and have an early night..

Suffice to say, anything that was worth removing was removed. My car was pretty much full, and yours wasn't far behind. Now where am I going to find room for all those bits...

I'll try and upload some pics as well, but I've got to download them from my camera first and I'm too tired/ lazy to do that just now.

Best 1p I've ever seen spent though :D

turboned said:

Oh gawd, not again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doubt if you'd get that one for 1p. And probably not much that I'd need off that one either. I've already got a room(s) full of Uno spares as it is :bang:

But, if you want to bid on it and need some help pulling it apart then I'm happy to help. And if you won it you could always keep it on my drive until you get your new house. If you break it there's no harm in me having another sunroof assembly as they're hard to come by!

Then again, if it has a good shell it would be an ideal donor shell for your turbo?

It's just up the road from me as well....

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back