Technical Parts Options

Currently reading:
Technical Parts Options

Goffosaurus

Wrong Engine

Evenning all,

As its MOT time i thought i'd do a couple of jobs just to help the car on its way. The problem is parts options. I went to Halfrauds today to get an air filter and fuel filter and told them the reg of the car. The girl went to the shelf and picked up the air filter for the car and came back with a square one. The problem is mine isnt square, its the round 1. I would normally put this down to error but a couple of months ago when i went to pick up an oil filter the same thing happened and i had to go back and replace it with the correct one.

Well as i need to do the cam belt and water pump i want to make sure i got the right one's. Is it that Halfrauds are lunatics when it comes to reading their computers or something to do with the car/engine itself i.e a cross over model. i'm not sure of the year but its a Y plate 1.1 Abarth

Cheers in advance.

Last edited:
Yea there were some Y reg models that were built in MPI which has a bigger airfilter.

Go in and ask for the air filter for a 2001 (51 plate) MPI air filter (y)

Also some useful information, the fuel filter for the MPI is built in the pump, there isn't an external filter for them, so they can''t be replaced without a new pump.
Thanks

X

Last edited:
Yea there were some Y reg models that were built in MPI which has a bigger airfilter.

Go in and ask for the air filter for a 2001 (51 plate) MPI air filter (y)

Also some useful information, the fuel filter for the MPI is built in the pump, there isn't an external filter for them, so they can''t be replaced without a new pump.
Thanks

X

This explains a lot. Mine's got the new badge on bonnet so would that class it as a 'face lift' model. Yeah its an MPI. So the only way to change the fuel filter is to spend £170ish, thats a much better idea than having them seperate, £15 vs £170 hmmm. I can see this becoming a pain in the ar*e when buying parts for her.

Last edited:
Epic, that should make my life easier (apart from i cant change the fuel filter) cheers mate (y)

ahh trade card is the only time Halfords is really an option!

You not wrong, i knew an aeronautical engineering degree would come in handy for something haha. Even with trade their occasionally still more expensive than other MF's nor can they get parts that easily.

I asked earlier for a cam belt and water pump kit, they dont do them, only seperatly and with no bearings (n)

Back