General particulate fluid replacement

Currently reading:
General particulate fluid replacement

I see the Moderator is very well aquainted with this problem. I wrote about a week ago. Have bought fluid has been filled, filter has been clean and we still receive warning messages. On Saturday ANTIPOLLUTION FAULT , engine light turned on car went into recovery mode. Unfortunately here in serbia they have no experience ith th Ulysse. What else should we try??? We're planning a trip to Greece- can this car with all these warning lights make it?

Djordje,

From your previous posts I assume you live in Serbia? The following post (which is very long) goes into some detail on possible problems/solutions.
https://www.fiatforum.com/ulysse/32247-depollution-engine-warning-message.html

As regards will the car make it the answer is probably yes but it depends what kind of a driving experience your after. You say your vehicle went into recovery mode, it depends how severe this was and if you will be using normal roads. The recovery mode can kick in at any time and if you are flooring it to overtake and you lose acceleration midway then this can be risky. It happened to me. Eventually mine got so bad that any driving outside of city driving became tedious. Mine was only resolved after a turbo change (luckily under warranty) I have not taken it on a really long run since though it does appear to be behaving itself, no more warning messages apart from the odd bleep and flash of the antipollution message as it starts up though I think this is normal (residue burning off on sensors) If your car is still under warranty then you are probably tied to Fiat though if they don't know about the vehicle then they should agree for Peugeot (as it is a Peugeot with a Fiat badge on it) to have a look at the car and Fiat foot the bill. Peugeot garages especially in Europe will probably know more about the car then Fiat garages do. Any questions please ask as I know how frustrating this problem is.

Lou

Last edited:
I see the Moderator is very well aquainted with this problem. I wrote about a week ago. Have bought fluid has been filled, filter has been clean and we still receive warning messages. On Saturday ANTIPOLLUTION FAULT , engine light turned on car went into recovery mode. Unfortunately here in serbia they have no experience ith th Ulysse. What else should we try??? We're planning a trip to Greece- can this car with all these warning lights make it?

What do you mean the filter is clean? how do you know?

Be aware that there is a software update for ulysee not for the DPF(FAP)but for power loss that I have had much success with.

Be aware that there is a software update for ulysee not for the DPF(FAP)but for power loss that I have had much success with.

Is this an update that is applied to all Ulysses (mine is 2.2 JTD) at service or do you need to ask for it? Is there a bulletin number for it or something like that.

Lou

Thanks Lou,

Tell me , the deisel additive- how is it dispersed into the fuel tank? As I have concluded through these messages- th e computer tells us the amount of additive that has been consumed - not the amount that is in the tank, am I correct. After having taken this tank off in the garage they found a bucket load of additive -far from minimum so I assume some senzor has gone mad!!
Thanks in advance. Djordje.

I don't know how the fluid gets mixed maybe somebody else comment on this. As regards the computer you are correct it does not measure what is in the tank only how much is consumed and it may be that this is tied in to mileage as opposed to any other factors. A bit like the service light.

Lou

The Fiat servis in Belgrade got it all wrong - they explained that the car only has 48 gms of fluid left instead it was showing 48 gms had been used - how in the world is this possible??? After pouring in the FLUID (that costs as much as gold) they didn't complete the procedure by inputting the amount added.

Does anyone know the process of the fluid flow & mixing with the fuel?

Hi,

I have just been following this post and some people are attempting to clean out the filter, I'm pretty sure (99%) these are exchange units and if they are damaged in anyway they will be rejected.

Pete.

probably cause ulysee's are coming in with it needing it done:devil: ...for what amount was this?
Hi i need mine changing or added and my Fiat Dealership has quoted me £330 + vAT???? IS THIS right???

parts prices isn't my department....but done one few weeks back & customer was charged £79..........p.s. this stuff(EOLYS 176) is highly flammable!!

Just made a phone call there.......kit is £79 + hours labour so your actually looking at £130 odd.
please can you tell me where to get this done at this price or a phone number thank you

any body now what fluid i need for 52plate ulysse 2.2jtd registered 29/01/03 is it eolys176 or eolys dx42 any information will be appreciated. i phoned fiat and they are not very helpfull they told meto go to peugeot any fluid will do and then they want 2 hours labour to reset the ecu after i fill it. thanks nick

Last edited:
hi does anybody know what eolys fluid goes in the 52 plate ulysse is it the eolys176 or dpx42 any help would be appreciated. also is there any software i can download to reset the dpf low level warning thanks nick

Check colour on cap of eolys tank. White on cap is DXP42. Green on cap is 176.
thanks for that but i cant see any coloured cap do i need to take the tank out to see this ? is it easy job to get out ? i can see the tank and about 3 or 4 hose on top electrical connector and a quick release pipe cover on side near top which i presume is the overflow when filling. so any ideas where the cap is ? thanks nick.

No, tank does not need to be taken out. You will need to get car on a lift to get a good view of things. Cap is slightly hidden on top/side of tank. Colour is marked in segments on cap. Quite difficult to get at and refill. That is why you need the eolys kit.

i have dropped the tank and still cant see any colours. on side by pipe outlets there is a white dot by one pipe and a green dot by the other pipeand the electrical connection, on top there is only the fill/breather pipe nothing else. any other info would be appreciated thanks

When I checked mine there were green segments where the filler/overflow pipe with cap on it goes into tank. I discovered this in the French RTA manual for the C8/807 before I went looking.

Back