Parking ticket - will I get away with it?

Currently reading:
Parking ticket - will I get away with it?

I've got a round tax disc holder... it comes in a box and is called "Sellotape™". :D

cinqmeister.JPG

The Grammar Fascist

You got to fight this one. You paid your money and it was by pure mistake that you put the ticket the wrong way round. The Parking Attendant has to record what time the "offence" was committed and this would be inside your ticket times.
As an aside whenever I`ve had a parking ticket from a Traffic Warden I have just gone to the local plod and asked for an excusal form....filled it in with some excuse or other and never heard anymore about them. A Traffic Warden put me on to this when I caught him ticketting my car! Never know it might just help someone one day eh

1.8 5 Door in Sassi Grey
Comfort Pack 1

Well there was that guy on telly a few weeks ago whose excuse for doing 98 up the mway tailgating another car was that his wife desperately needed the loo. They had just gone past the mway services [8)].

<font color="violet">
. o O Helz O o .

Proud owner of a silver Baby Brava with a Smiley air freshener​
</font id="violet">

and IIRC he argued the point for the best part on an hour before accepting it and going on his way!

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.

I am a schizophrenic currently so please bear with me whilst I try to get rid of the 40+ personality.

Bad luck Helz, what a pratt of a warden eh? He must be such a sado! My mate got a ticket yesterday when we parked his bus at a bus stop to go in the pub for lunch:D! I guess we deserved that one...

1987 126 FSM, 12" minilight style wheels, clear rear lights, smoked indicators.
2004 Panda Eleganza.... nice!

you do have to admit that your ticket wasnt facing the correct wey, but you should still go and fight for it, i mean its not like they dont make enough money for it anyway, they are usually not to bovered about a few claims cumming in, i would.

madcar:D:D:D

Most of these private clamping companies are supposedly a big problem? I have never faced such a problem however and only am repeating what I have seen on various TV programs.

----------

I am a schizophrenic currently so please bear with me whilst I try to get rid of the 40+ personality.

I reckon it's all up to the council involved as to whether they let you off. I would say that it's a bit unfair on the warden who someone called 'a prick', he had every right to give the ticket if the sticker was face down because it could have been for any date. However I would have thought most councils will let you off if you produce the sticker and the ticket and the dates overlap - of course it would be easier if it had your reg number on it like all the ones in my area now do to prove it was you who bought it. Good luck!

"The new rules are very simple, the FIA will keep them to themselves until such a time as Ferrari needs them" Patrick Head

Yeah, i mean what was the attendent supposed to do? "hmm, upside down piece of paper, obviously valid,"? No...! Of course they should have given a ticket but it should easily be appealed against and won.

----------

Back