Parking ticket - will I get away with it?

Currently reading:
Parking ticket - will I get away with it?

I got a parking ticket today ;). Parked in the pay and display, bought my ticket and put it in the car upside down with the date/ time bit facing downwards. D'oh! So I got back to find it ticketed. Anyway, I have a car park ticket, I then took pictures of my car with it in. Is it worth fighting? Do I send them the pictures and the ticket and fight or do I give in and pay £30?

God I feel :I

<font color="violet">
. o O Helz O o .

Proud owner of a silver Baby Brava with a Smiley air freshener​
</font id="violet">

Yeah, damn right I would fight. I am no way against Traffic Wardens charging you for parking on double yellows or even towing away etc. for any illegal parking. It annoys everyone and is often a danger! However, the warden must have been an ass to give you one for having up side down, why?! That's just stupid.

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.

I am a schizophrenic currently so please bear with me whilst I try to get rid of the 40+ personality.

simply because if he/she couldnt read the time/date on the ticket then they cant tell if your time has run out. by Upside down i presume helz mean face down and not turned the other way around. if it was just the other way around then I agree that they are an arse :p

fight! B)

I Have A Cinq Sporting...

...Click Here To Look At It

Noooo, I meant it wasn't just upside down - the date and time on the ticket was facing down towards the dash so you couldn't see it (only the advert on the back of the ticket). All he knew was that I had a ticket, he couldn't see whether it was valid. However, it was :I

<font color="violet">
. o O Helz O o .

</font id="violet">

fight it, its just daft, usaly they say on the back must be displayed in front window, but don't remember reading it has to be the right way up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you
binki3.jpg

I would def fight it is as well - after all, you did pay and display.

It was probably some picky jobsworth traffic warden who thought they could get away with it!!?! You probably find it says on the ticket in small print how the ticket should be displayed, so they may have you on a technicality....

Lol. I just checked and it doesn't say on the ticket (may say on a sign in the carpark so I'll check tomorrow) but at the end of the day I did display it I suppose, just not in the way I was supposed to.

<font color="violet">
. o O Helz O o .

</font id="violet">

Depends whether you want to lie and say that it was displayed correctly or check all the small print everywhere and then argue you had just put it face down by accident which they haven't expressly said isn't allowed. If you win, give it a few weeks before a small sign goes up saying "tickets must be face up to be valid"!

Sorry for the incorrect assumption, I shouldn't have skimmed your post so quickly and misunderstood, sorry.

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.

I am a schizophrenic currently so please bear with me whilst I try to get rid of the 40+ personality.

"I stuck it to the windscreen, it must have fallen off..."

:D

<font size="5"><font color="black">/</font id="black"> F <font color="black">/ </font id="black">I <font color="black">/</font id="black"> A <font color="black">/</font id="black"> T <font color="black">/</font id="black"></font id="size5">
<font color="navy">Punto 55SX</font id="navy">

I would just tell a little white lie and say it was displayed correctly, after all you do have a ticket which overlaps the time of the fine;)

Stilo TURBO!!!!(diesel)

I would do the same - turn up at office with car park ticket in one hand, date and time stamped accordingly [plus photographic proof], car park fine in the other, issued during this time.

What they going do? You feeling lucky, punk?

apparently, most tickets that are challenged with good grounds (as u clearly have here) are overturned.

Disclaimer: Any incorrect lexicography or grammar is entirely the fault of your eyes
RichieCWaves.jpg

This happened to me in the hospital car park and I sent in the fine and the parking ticket and the fine was dropped, just make sure you keep copies of them both and send in the originals.

TC.

FIAT Stilo Sport. Pretty Much Bog Standard Really. Rear Roof Spoiler,
Sill Protectors, Aluminium Foot Pedals, Eibach 30mm Drop Springs.

I enquired at work today and apparently they are very good about letting people off with things once they appeal so I shall do so :). My work have also bought me a permit at long last so I shall no longer have this problem *phew*

<font color="violet">
. o O Helz O o .

</font id="violet">

make sure permit is stuck on good, people are always in my local paper complaining that they have got ticketed because thier permet has fallen off, because the plastic wallets that hold them on are crap, and the council wont let them off they say its the drivers responcibility to make sure its stuck. and its the council that provide the wallet holder things that fall off[:0]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you
binki3.jpg

I asked for a permit holder and they don't have any so I'm off on that one. I may purchase another alloy tax disc holder though as it's a round permit.....

<font color="violet">
. o O Helz O o .

</font id="violet">

Back