Parking ticket despute, what do you reckon?

Currently reading:
Parking ticket despute, what do you reckon?

faster4_tec

Burninator of threads!
well whilst at uni today I couldn't get INTO the uni carpark before 9pm as they had it blocked with a wacking great big delivery lorry, so i parked it on teh side.

whilst in a lecture, i could see out the window the scurge of the earth hanging around my car and 2/3others.

low and behold the traffic warden struck again!! they must have had a tipoff as its a good few miles out of the city centre so someone told em where to find the jackpot.

ANyways, ran out, spoke to the tosser (who wasnot wearing any uniform or hat apart from a random hi viz jacket, otherwise I'd have ran out 5mins before and moved the thing). and turns out 'I crossed a single yellow line to get to my space'
and by his reckoning it was 50/50 whether he'd issue it or not, but he issued it anyway, he also issued one to the ka and focus behind me.

which is tripe, as I used the lower curb from the otherside of the pavement to get to it, as my car won't go up the tall kerb (most non 4z4's wouldn't manage it, so its pretty obvious).

anyway, I went straight to the council (seen as its their name on the top of the ticket), and they said that despite the time is now ELASPING on the ticket (this morning) they can't do anything atall for at least another 24hours.

MY despute is that yes I could have crossed the line, and from where the tossa shot his photo, it looks like that, even though its pretty much impossible for my car to climb that kerb. yet I could shoot a photo 10ft away and it look complelty legal, which is what i've done.
HOWEVER< about 4other cars have piled on teh kerb behind me, making it look even worse :bang:

theres also an aerial shot.
also the single white line is broken, the road has been dug up and the line is incomplete (makes it some 2m shorter, or compeltly invalidates it).

parkingdespute.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

make of it what you will, I'm trying to contruct a letter.

IMO the parked cars constitute a hinderance to the field of vision at a junction, while You get my sympathy for the blocked entrance that probably wont wash with the Parking Gestapo. Whatever happened to leniency and common sense? Flew out of the window when targets were introduced for tickets issued I guess. :mad:

Yellow Line is Broken = Restriction no longer valid
Warden not wearing Uniform = Illegally issued Ticket (Warden must be wearing uniform including hat I beleive)

I'd tell em to **** right off unless they can find something else to do me with.

Last edited:
no, I'm on some grass, which worms use to burrow in :D

from the aerial shot, the opposite side of the junction contained two cars compeltly blocking the pavement, but they were well away from any line of any sort, he looked at them then walked off :rolleyes:

I'm gonna pursue it on grounds of broken linage.

found this gem

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2002/023113ba.gif

basically 'variations from requirements = none' and thats still the case.
also talked to some parking people who reckon the signage makes up for the lack of proper linage, however, its been law since 2003 that unless the sign denotes seasonal parking restrictions, then the time is to be assumed, and the sign is not required for inforcement.
so they can't have it both ways, e.g. the sign means enforcement here, AND no sign means enforcement here :rolleyes:

Not only are you are parked partialy on the pavement where it could be argued you are obstucting pedestrians and wheelchair users you are within 32ft of a junction and obstructing the vision of other road users. If pavement parking is allowed in the area there wil be signage to indicate this and this has not been mentioned. You have either driven over a raised-kerb or driven over a dropped-kerb and onto (not over) the pavement to reach the location, (both ileagal). The location is definately not on a designated public or private parking area and as such the act of leaving your vehicle there is ilegal. If it is private land and you are there without permission it could be seen as trespass. As for all that BS about the warden not having a hat on..... geeezz c-mon. All thats needed is for the warden to inform you he is an official and provide ID if you request it. They do need irifutable evidence in case it does go to court which is why they always take a pic.
So you are going to argue that because 1m of line-marking was missing you assumed you could park in that location and in that manner both legaly and safely? Thats pathetic and If I was the magistrate listening to that excuse I would make you go back and resit your driving test .......You are bang out of order FGS. Pay-up and stop whinging about it.

Last edited:
I was lucky the other day as i parked in a no waiting zone on a main street- the curb moves in and theres white dotted lines with one sign on a lampost for approx 200m. I saw the chump writing a ticket and he said that it was a no waiting zone but if i p i s s e d off now then h wouldn't give me it. I was lucky. Personally id keep doing what your doing and challenge it! (y)

Well I was parked on a limited wait area the other day and displaying my disabled badge ..popped into the chemist for mine and junes monthly prescriptions and some little hitler decided to ignore the fact that my badge was there and ticketed me :mad: I sat down and wrote a letter explaining the situation [not expecting to get off ] but surprise surprise they did as it was my word against his ..been told that they will refund my £30 fine as well but still waiting for that to come back to me two weeks later :rolleyes:

well thank god you arnt in london, the gestapo are hot round here, i always park on single yellows after the time restiction observed and sometimes see them issuing tickets, so all i do is smile at them and point to the sign that says 7am-6pm and walk of not saying anything (you cant talk to them because they cant understand english!(n) ) but they got me one day with a ticket that they issued at 11am even though i was 30 miles away:confused:, i appealed and asked for photographic evidence, they didnt want to show me them but took them to court and after much messing about, they didnt show judge pictures or copies of the ticket and i got fined £120, double what i had to of payed. so lesson learned dont trust any authoritive figure, otherwise you get shafted! rant over!

Last edited:
well thank god you arnt in london, the gestapo are hot round here, i always park on single yellows after the time restiction observed and sometimes see them issuing tickets, so all i do is smile at them and point to the sign that says 7am-6pm and walk of not saying anything (you cant talk to them because they cant understand english!(n) ) but they got me one day with a ticket that they issued at 11am even though i was 30 miles away:confused:, i appealed and asked for photographic evidence, they didnt want to show me them but took them to court and after much messing about, they didnt show judge pictures or copies of the ticket and got fined £120, double what i had to of payed. so lesson learned dont trust any authoritive figure, otherwise you get shafted! rant over!

I know how you feel ..my youngest is today finnishing his employment for a well known insurance company ..and on monday was unable to get a park local and tried to park in the companies carpark and where there were dozens of vacant spaces ..an internal security officer decided to stop him and my son lost it and called him a jumped up little dictator [in so many words] ;) I am glad to say this is his last day working for that company and there indian call centres can have it with our blessing (n)

Ive never had a run in with a warden yet luckily.

They look like they have made themselves quite a bit of money from the cars that are there

sorry to here about it mate :(

I read in the paper on people getting done at tescos in goole as they used to drive through the main entrance and nipped through the back to get to work etc, but the cameras thee sopt you and only allow you 3 hours. think they have sorted it now.

saying that i do push it sometimes such as parking outside barclays in selby with my hazards on half on half of the pavement :D

IMHO if yours is the green punto, then your just lucky that the police didnt see you first, as you obstructing the pavement. No where near as much as the ford ka or focus which TBH are taking the p*ss!!
If the traffic warden wasnt wearning his uniform etc then its worth a go, but I would certainly be more carefull about where you park in future!

Back