General Pandas at a bus rally.

Currently reading:
General Pandas at a bus rally.

Ohh, nearly forgot, can all those coming who have Panda tents bring them along too please. Ours was very popular last year, plus, they will make a very useful shelter from all that brimstone. :p

Are you going to put it up, pack it away, and dry it out if it gets wet?!! :slayer:

What wash cycle does it take to deal with brimstone? Or just another act of god...? ;)

PS: Quite fancy some of this.... :devil:

What wash cycle does it take to deal with brimstone? Or just another act of god...? ;)

PS: Quite fancy some of this.... :devil:

Not sure there would be much left to wash? :)

Well I've never heard of that :yum:

Nose

confectioners' sugar, cold-smoked butter, corn husk, BBQ pit, stone fruit, chili peppers and graham crackers

Taste

candied oak smoke, English pipe tobacco, butter, orange marmalade, fruit cocktail, sweet tea, chili peppers

Finish

long dry finish, herbal/mint ends in a mineralness as smoke returns. Or more likely a sore head, taste of brillo pad, and raiding the migraine tablets...... :devil:

Well last nights thunder storms brought sahara dust too. We've got more forecast tonight so no point cleaning the cars ready for the weekend until tomorrow morning. :bang:

Two are in the workshop overnight so they're ok, but the other five are left to the elements, oh well I've got till 11.30am.

Have a good trip those that are traveling down and I'll see you all when you arrive. (y)

Well last nights thunder storms brought sahara dust too. We've got more forecast tonight so no point cleaning the cars ready for the weekend until tomorrow morning. :bang:

Two are in the workshop overnight so they're ok, but the other five are left to the elements, oh well I've got till 11.30am.

Have a good trip those that are traveling down and I'll see you all when you arrive. (y)

Is that what happened - my lovely shiny black car (which hasn't been like that for months but was treated to the works yesterday), is plastered again a few hours later!! :mad:

At least Sunday's Panda is clean under cover - not that it will be by the time I've splashed down to Alton!! :mad::(:cry:

Well Panda Mo and I really enjoyed this weekend, it was just what we needed after a particularly rough couple of weeks.

My pics aren't great so I'm hoping others have taken better, but here they are for now..........

First thing to do on the Saturday was to convoy straight to the coast, parking up next to the Solent with the Isle of Wight in the distance. Here we had lunch at a beach side cafe........

Then it was on to the Submarine museum where, amongst other things, we had a guided tour through H.M.S. Alliance. This Sub was retired from action in 1973 and is now the prize exhibit at the museum.......

We then moved on to a pub for the evening meal. We bagged a table outside so that we could stare lovingly at the carpark.....

The landlord turned out to be a big petrolhead with a particular passion for Alfa's.

On the way home we had to call at the workshop to pic up Oslo and Pippin. Unfortunately Barbara noticed that Pippin was out of tax so we had to leave him there. :cry:

This morning the scene outside our house was like this...........

Even I was taken by how many Pandas were there, so I dread to think what the neighbour's thought, well those that were awake. :eek:

After car washing, coffee, and bacon butty's (big thanks to Panda Mo in the kitchen :worship:) it was a double trip to the venue with all the cars.

We managed to park them all together, apart from the Buick which was in a separate section for American cars..........

Finally, my favorite bus from the rally......

Big thank you to everyone that made the trip down. You were, as always, brilliant company, and your Pandas did us all proud :slayer:.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention, no really I wasn't trying to hide it, that the Buick let me down a little :eek:.

Six of us went for a little jolly in it around the town but just before we were back at the show it decided enough was enough. It may have been the weight of the passengers I don't know, but the Buick had had enough and just cut out. :bang:

We had no tools with us but were able to narrow the problem down to an ign. fault. Once Barbara had arrived with a screwdriver I was able to remove the distributor cap and open up the points a little. Hey presto! we were off again.

Two lessons learnt from this experience.....

1. Convert to electronic ign.

2. Carry a basic tool kit because the Americans aren't as good as the Italians at stashing screwdrivers under the bonnet.

Many thanks to VmanC for arranging this, and even bigger thanks to Panda Mo for the bacon sandwich, coffee & juice - most unexpected but welcome! (y)

I only took a few snaps on the phone as I thought the official photographer (that will be the one with his finger over the lens in some of the pictures above ;) ) was in control.

A few from Saturday, though the beachy bit didn't come out well directly into the sun:

Then some from Sunday - I think you can see all the Panda's and the 850 - the Buick had been banished to section "U" (we had various suggestions for the meaning of "U", some less kind than others! :D ), and that was before it broke down on us!

I'm sure someone will come along with a better selection later.

The steam train was very good too, so although I'm shattered, it was a great weekend. Travelled in cars, explored a submarine, rode in a couple of vintage buses, and a steam train. :worship:

Back