General Pandas at a bus rally.

Currently reading:
General Pandas at a bus rally.

VmanC

The Panda whisperer
Every year in Alton a Bus rally is held in the town. As well as 150 buses and coaches there are commecial vehicles and classic cars.

This rally is less than a mile from home for me but each year so far I've had other commitments, this year I made it with six Pandas and the Buick. It was an opportunity to show Pinky locally as well as publicise myself and Pandas generally. It still surprises me how many people say 'I haven't seen one of these for years!' I guess they don't live in Alton :p.

There's masses of space at this event with plenty there of interest so would make a great venue next year for a Panda get together. Here's a few pics to tempt you all........

The Pandas I was able to take were.......

Chiaro......

The Sisley, fresh from a new mot in the week........

Pinky........

Kev's ST, just put back together in time for this...........

Oslo, with the ever popular Panda tent.........

The blue clx..........

And the token Fiat crowd pleaser Buick..........

Finally, the next generation of Panda fan in training.........

See you next year? ;)

Last edited:
I wasn't sure how we would get all those cars to Anstey park but my daughter offered to drive Pinky and brought her daughter Bella aged15 months with her. Then my friend Sonia offered to drive the Sisley and recruited her daughter and son in law to drive another two. I drove Kev's car and Vernon headed up our convoy with the Buick. My friend and her family had not driven Pandas before and they all said that they were fun to drive. Hamish the son in law said it was just like driving used to be! Fun! Then later in the morning my son in law brought along Vernon's blue CLX. We all had a great day and then it was left to just three of us to get them all home again!

Me and the beast would love to come. We should be living in Hampshire by then as well :)

As this has been mentioned on another thread today I thought I'd bump this thread in order to gauge the interest in attending the rally this year.

I have said that I will organise a trip out on the Saturday too which will include some 2wd friendly offroading as Andypanda4x4 is keen to come down and sample the Hampshire green lanes. This will make the whole thing a weekend event but of course there is the choice to just come to the show or just the offroading.

As I managed six Pandas myself last year it might be a good venue to attempt the largest gathering of Pandas for the Forum, I'm sure I could kick start the attempt with a similar no. this year.

Please can you all express any provisional interest so that I can have some idea at this early stage of what I'm letting myself in for. :(

EDIT: Here is a link for the Bus Rally. http://www.altonbusrally.com/details.htm

Last edited:
I'll check that date (20th July 2014) as I'm sure Po would love to go home for a visit ;) , he was there last year under a different name (Chario) so would love to pilot him back for his second year (y)

Last edited:
Back