General Pandas at a bus rally.

Currently reading:
General Pandas at a bus rally.

Ta! I forgot about the events page. We were originally going to make a leisurely weekend of it with some camping in advance but events have scuppered that. I think we are going to aim to stay somewhere near Reading the night before and head into Alton on Sunday morning. We have our entrant number and everything!

Apologies for the long silence, so much has been happening lately that cars have had to take a back seat.

Sorry to hear that some of you can't make it after all, but I do understand that life gets in the way sometimes. Also pleased that others can make it after all, so it looks like we have enough for a good turnout. (y)

I will update the events thread shortly so see you there.

Just to double check no's. for the Saturday.......

Panda Mo
Palio + 1
Panda1408 + 1
Scout
VmanC

Itinerary for the day is as follows.......

11.30am - Assemble at our house. (40 Grebe Close, GU34 2LR).

12.00pm - Leave in convoy for Gosport sea front.

1.15pm - Arrive at sea front cafe for lunch.

2.15pm - Leave for Submarine museum.

2.30pm - Arrive at museum.

5.00pm - Leave in convoy for drive to Pub for evening meal.

6.15pm - Arrive at pub.

Please let me know if I have made any mistakes on the attendees list as I will have to let the pub know asap of any changes to numbers.

Really looking forward to this now :).

Panda Mo
Palio + 1
Panda1408 + 1
Scout
VmanC

6.15pm - Arrive at pub.

Please let me know if I have made any mistakes on the attendees list as I will have to let the pub know asap of any changes to numbers.

Shame we can't make it for the Saturday as well but looking forward to the Sunday. Don't try any submarining in the Pandas unless Panto has a few Lotus Esprit type additions.

Panda Mo
Palio + 1
Panda1408 + 1
Scout
VmanC

6.15pm - Arrive at pub.

Hope everything's okish :hug:

Yep 2 for Saturday for me. (y)

Sunday I've booked Panto in, but he's still down with you. Is Panto still going to the show? Assuming that's a yes, am I bringing a Panda down as well (to also take to the show), or just taking Panto to the show in which case I won't clean anything?

Did that make sense, or are you now :confused: ?!!

Hope everything's okish :hug:

Yep 2 for Saturday for me. (y)

Sunday I've booked Panto in, but he's still down with you. Is Panto still going to the show? Assuming that's a yes, am I bringing a Panda down as well (to also take to the show), or just taking Panto to the show in which case I won't clean anything?

Did that make sense, or are you now :confused: ?!!

Thanks Gavin, things are inching there way back to normal now. (y)

I applied for Panto too so he'll probably be double booked! Yes I was thinking that you would be bringing another Panda, Howie or the Super? The more the better really, I'm sure we've got enough drivers for a second convoy in, I was planning to ferry them back in the Buick for a second wave :).

Homeward, Pippin is show fit so would you mind if I took him along too? :D

I'd be delighted; and I'm sure he'll be quite chuffed, as well...! :nutter:

Have a good time; and, as always, lots of photos, please...! :cool:

PS: What's the weather forecast like for Saturday for Alton? If it's anything like here, you may need those submarines.... :cry:

Thanks Gavin, things are inching there way back to normal now. (y)

I applied for Panto too so he'll probably be double booked! Yes I was thinking that you would be bringing another Panda, Howie or the Super? The more the better really, I'm sure we've got enough drivers for a second convoy in, I was planning to ferry them back in the Buick for a second wave :).

Ok will do (y) Don't know which - Howie's filthy and I might melt if I try to clean him in this weather...... The Super really needs using (and could be cleaned up easily), but I don't think I ever quite got round to mentioning that I'd got that one! :rolleyes:

I'd be delighted; and I'm sure he'll be quite chuffed, as well...! :nutter:

Have a good time; and, as always, lots of photos, please...! :cool:

PS: What's the weather forecast like for Saturday for Alton? If it's anything like here, you may need those submarines.... :cry:

It's something between sunny, sun & showers, light rain, heavy rain showers, or fire & brimstone with biblical floods!! This depends on which forecast you believe & what time of day you check it - and I'm not making it up{*}, they are all different!! (y)

{*} though a certain amount of poetic licence may apply, for narrative & dramatic reasons. Brimstone may not have been specifically mentioned on the official Met office website, although biblical flooding probably was! :D

Ok will do (y) Don't know which - Howie's filthy and I might melt if I try to clean him in this weather...... The Super really needs using (and could be cleaned up easily), but I don't think I ever quite got round to mentioning that I'd got that one! :rolleyes:

The Super will be fine, we can use one of Panto's entries for him, then stick him in the middle of the convoy to be sure. ;)

I'd be delighted; and I'm sure he'll be quite chuffed, as well...!

Thank you Stephen, he'll be well looked after. (y)

Ohh, nearly forgot, can all those coming who have Panda tents bring them along too please. Ours was very popular last year, plus, they will make a very useful shelter from all that brimstone. :p

The Super will be fine, we can use one of Panto's entries for him, then stick him in the middle of the convoy to be sure. ;)

Thank you Stephen, he'll be well looked after. (y)

There's just an entry number - it doesn't specify a particular car, so I doubt anyone will be bothered. Middle of the convoy is good though, or at the back - it's amazing what you can get in (even without a ticket) if you roll up & say it's the next 4 cars............. It's the old "look like you should be there and/or know what you're doing", and you'll probably get away with it - for office blocks it's a clipboard needed, for car shows you just make their life easy by saying you'll sort out the next x number of cars! ;)

Are you going to put it up, pack it away, and dry it out if (IF!!! :eek: ) it gets wet?!! :slayer:

Yes, yes, and no. :p

There's just an entry number - it doesn't specify a particular car, so I doubt anyone will be bothered. Middle of the convoy is good though, or at the back - it's amazing what you can get in (even without a ticket) if you roll up & say it's the next 4 cars............. It's the old "look like you should be there and/or know what you're doing", and you'll probably get away with it - for office blocks it's a clipboard needed, for car shows you just make their life easy by saying you'll sort out the next x number of cars!

My thoughts entirely. (y)

Back