East Midlands Pandarers and friends. (Pre '98-ish)

Currently reading:
East Midlands Pandarers and friends. (Pre '98-ish)

Pandarers and friends. (Pre '98-ish)
Posted by Aston Martin
Thorseby Hall
Monday, May 6, 2013 - 01:00 AM
Until: Monday, May 6, 2013 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Ferrybridge Services Convoy.
Like last year, we are meeting at the services and then driving down together.
We are meeting at around 8:30, we are then following Andrew to Thoresby (y) as I got lost twice in the services last year.
By heck it's getting desperate if you're following me, I have the sense of direction of Mark Thatcher (Seems topical this week, look it up young ones;)) I'll make sure I've got credit on my phone eh(y)

You should be thanking Dom, you can thank me by letting me inside the Panda. :eek:

My form arrived this morning, glad you brought this up.

Ferrybridge Services Convoy.
Like last year, we are meeting at the services and then driving down together.
We are meeting at around 8:30, we are then following Andrew to Thoresby (y) as I got lost twice in the services last year.

As usual, bang your name on the list if you're meeting us here.

Me
Andrew
John (CLS)

I should be able to come along to this, will get my CLX taxed at the start of the month. I had a form from Andrew Greenwood with an entry form for this years shows, do I need to do anything or are you sorting it Aston?

I have to get the tickets in one go as we're a group. I'm sending the form off on Friday morning. When I get the tickets, then I have to send those out.
Regarding ticket payment, just pay me on the day.

On the stand
Adam (Aston Martin) 1993 Panda Parade
John (Cheekylittlescamp) 1994 Panda Fizz
Andrew (firstcar-Y10) 1990 Panda Grumbleweed
John (Dragon Man) - 1991 Panda 4x4 Talon
Jacob (kolza)- 1991 1000CL
Seb (RetroPanda) - 1993 Panda 16v
Paul (Doctyler) - 1990 Panda Dance
panda1408 1993 Panda CLX
John (Freebo) - 1997 Cinq
Mr Pandy mk3 Panda 2010
Bob Scout500 62 plate

New cars on waiting list

People turning up nonchalantly
DomBooth 2006 Grande Panda

So Dom cannot be let in with the early £3.50 ticket. I doubt he'll have any problems joining us later however.
But, I have a very very very stupid idea, theres one place open for a new car....................

Last edited:
I have to get the tickets in one go as we're a group. I'm sending the form off on Friday morning. When I get the tickets, then I have to send those out.
Regarding ticket payment, just pay me on the day.

On the stand
Adam (Aston Martin) 1993 Panda Parade
John (Cheekylittlescamp) 1994 Panda Fizz
Andrew (firstcar-Y10) 1990 Panda Grumbleweed
John (Dragon Man) - 1991 Panda 4x4 Talon
Jacob (kolza)- 1991 1000CL
Seb (RetroPanda) - 1993 Panda 16v
Paul (Doctyler) - 1990 Panda Dance
panda1408 1993 Panda CLX
John (Freebo) - 1997 Cinq
Mr Pandy mk3 Panda 2010
Bob Scout500 62 plate

New cars on waiting list

People turning up nonchalantly
DomBooth 2006 Grande Panda

So Dom cannot be let in with the early £3.50 ticket. I doubt he'll have any problems joining us later however.
But, I have a very very very stupid idea, theres one place open for a new car....................

What's the stupid idea? :p

Dom

Hi Panderers.

Sorry was hoping to make this but it's not looking feasible (n) If things change I'll come up on the day and blag my way in (wouldn't be the first time ;) ).

And Aston Martin - sorry Adam I did reply to your pm last week but it's not in my sent box. If you didn't get it, it's down to technical failure or stupidity....... :eek: I think you've got it sorted now, so hopefully no damage done! I wouldn't ignore you - rephrase - I wouldn't ignore you without making you well aware of the reasons (y)

What's the stupid idea? :p

Dom

:p

P1040926.JPG

Do we know any 600 owners who could be interested?

Hi Panderers.

Sorry was hoping to make this but it's not looking feasible (n) If things change I'll come up on the day and blag my way in (wouldn't be the first time ;) ).

:(
Just drive past the guy at the gate at top speed.

And Aston Martin - sorry Adam I did reply to your pm last week but it's not in my sent box. If you didn't get it, it's down to technical failure or stupidity....... :eek: I think you've got it sorted now, so hopefully no damage done! I wouldn't ignore you - rephrase - I wouldn't ignore you without making you well aware of the reasons (y)

Thats ok, at first I thought oh no why have I agreed to 'organise' this?
But it hasn't been that bad, of course it hasn't happened yet. So it could end badly. (y)

:p

P1040926.JPG

Do we know any 600 owners who could be interested?

:(
Just drive past the guy at the gate at top speed.

Thats ok, at first I thought oh no why have I agreed to 'organise' this?
But it hasn't been that bad, of course it hasn't happened yet. So it could end badly. (y)

Could we not also persuade a classic 500 owner to turn up? Then we could do it with 500's too :)

you want a NEW model ( MK 4 panda..??),
or just a shiny new FIAT..??,

Charlie

Nobody wants a mk4 'Panda'. :yuck: (Although if we can get one somehow)
You can bring your twinair Punto in it's place. That way we can discuss how easy an engine swap would be. (y)

Could we not also persuade a classic 500 owner to turn up? Then we could do it with 500's too :)

The 500 section is a bit barren, i'll make a post and see what happens.

Nobody wants a mk4 'Panda'. :yuck: (Although if we can get one somehow).

Careful :nono: never know who you may upset!

Mum's just bought a twin-air 4x4 and it's a mightily impressive piece of kit. I test drove one in appalling weather and it's brilliant. By all means have an opinion on the styling (I like it as it goes, in a non-classic Panda sort of way), but not its abilities or completeness for today's market. (y)

No it can't compete with a proper Panda for many reasons - but neither can a proper Panda come close to this one's modern abilities. Depends what you need in a car, but it's definitely worthy of the name imho......

Btw feel free to slag it - not bovvered really - you might get some sniping back though :p

Careful :nono: never know who you may upset!

Btw feel free to slag it - not bovvered really - you might get some sniping back though :p

Hey: remember, guys, it's only because I had one of these on order that I joined the Forum in the first place.... :devil:

I agree with Gavin, though: it's a great car (especially the 4x4); and the TA, to me, embodies the spirit of the 769 cc FIRE engine in spades.... :rolleyes:

Back