Technical Panda Twin Air ignition issues

Currently reading:
Technical Panda Twin Air ignition issues

Hi Charlie,

It's a 2012 Panda Easy Twin Air 875cc with about 48k miles.

Had this same on going issue that would cause it to lose power and would report as being a coil issue. Problem continued after having both coils and plugs replaced and the garage still couldn't find the problem. It had been with them for weeks as they were waiting for Fiat to reopen.

I took the suggestion on the last page and asked them to top it up with oil yesterday and while it does still happen it is happening far less frequently.The oil wasn't changed just filled up.

What are your thoughts to solve this entirely?

Many thanks

Hi
Thanks.. it does help :)

So when you say it loses power..
Does it then stall..stop running ?

Or idle beautifully (for a twinar..) ? Just lack power 'up top'..

Does it hold its fluid levels ok..?

What is your history with the car.. ?
( know where and when its had its servicing.. )

Charlie

Last edited:
Hi
Thanks.. it does help :)

So when you say it loses power..
Does it then stall..stop running ?

Or idle beautifully (for a twinar..) ? Just lack power 'up top'..

Does it hold its fluid levels ok..?

What is your history with the car.. ?
( know where and when its had its servicing.. )

Charlie

I'm not able to replicate the problem but it does tend to happen shortly after starting the engine.

Once it's lost power it'll occasionally stall but not always.

Regularly serviced as far as I know.

Has the Panda had a recent oil change theimben?! Reason ask is, while Fiat Multi Ecu Scan diagnostic software can reset the Uniair unit post oil change, main dealer denied to me it needs to relearn the oil. Anymore than 4,500 miles on my TA 4x4 between changes it goes to 1 cylinder and dash lights up. Cleared itself first time after 132 miles.

Second time, restarted fine and my Dad ran it up to the limiter in 1st which seemed to cure it. I settle on 6 month oil changes and it's not done since. Has had anything from 3.2-3.5 litres of oil put in so far (4 changes in 17k) and has never needed any adding. 2 uniair failures I heard off from main dealers, one been run on Euro 5 spec 5w 40 oil, other 10w 30.

Strange. Mine run on 0w 30 C3 but never worried it will fail.

Back