General Panda T-Jet

Currently reading:
General Panda T-Jet

Read in an article somewhere that this is on the cards??

how likely is it to happen? will fiat ever do it? love the 100hp...but an extra 20bhp wouldnt go amiss!

Ross

there's been speculation, and yes it would be great if fiat did this.

if i had to bet, i would say they probably will - but i guess they'll spring it on us at fairly short notice if and when they launch it, to avoid impacting sales of the 100hp in the meantime.

who knows - it would be a great car, so we live in hope and expectation fiat! :)

It will happen I think when you consider the same engine will be planted in the new 500 ..it wont make sense not to and they could lose sales of the panda if they don't ..a step in the right direction ..just a shame it wont be the 1.2 that's getting it :( and although it has been done in the chinqes you cant beat having it done by the manufacturer for total reliability..

It will happen I think when you consider the same engine will be planted in the new 500 ..it wont make sense not to and they could lose sales of the panda if they don't ..a step in the right direction ..just a shame it wont be the 1.2 that's getting it :( and although it has been done in the chinqes you cant beat having it done by the manufacturer for total reliability..
the panda's supposed to be a cheap car, and if they keep sticking bigger engines in its just going to become more expensive and theres no point. if they do, they may as well drop the 100hp. personally i dont think it will happen.

i dont agree at all, im sorry. there's no reason why they couldnt keep the 100hp alongside any 1.4 tjet panda - it would just be a logical extension of the range, and could easily still be priced at a level that puts it one of the cheapest at that power/performance level.

Fiat should put the 150bhp T-Jet engine in the Panda, now that would be fun to drive. :devil: Would have to have the same suspension setup as the 100hp or maybe a better setup though. :cool:

It was rumoured for ages before the 100HP emerged, but all quiet since then. Although I'd love to see it, I think for a number of reasons - not least the pressure on Tychy - it's looking increasingly unlikely.

Would FIAT want to spend that development money on a car going out of production in two years time? Would they want to detract from sales of the Abarth 500? I'm not even sure the T-Jet would fit in place of the FIRE engine would it?

The slight glimmer of light is that the Panda is supposedly getting a makeover next year; who knows, may be FIAT take the opportunity to do something then. Conversely thought, with the 500 being available throughout Europe by then they may decide to 're-align' the Panda range to be dirt cheap, dropping all the expensive models and options.

It's a shame there doesn't seem to be (not to my knowledge anyway) a FIAT equivalent of Brabus or AMG who could breath over a Panda, bestowing it with a Volumex compressor, Eibach suspension and more carbon trim than you can shake a stick at. :D

Last edited:
The T-Jet engine is a FIRE engine. It would definitively fit. The Panda and the 500 are built on the same platform.

I stand (or sit!) corrected! I thought I'd read the T-Jet as fitted to the GP etc was a new unit, as opposed to the FIRE in the 100HP used previously in the Stilo and Mk2 Punto.

It is a bit stronger than normally aspirated 1368. But otherwise they are of the same family.

Good old FIRE technology. Pete, is their any chance GSR could become the British AMG? What do you feel about carbon fibre gear knobs? ;)

Fiat should put the 150bhp T-Jet engine in the Panda, now that would be fun to drive. :devil: Would have to have the same suspension setup as the 100hp or maybe a better setup though. :cool:

I'd buy it..........but only if they sorted out the duff squealing,groaning brakes - which clearly haven't been designed to cope with the current 100hp set-up.:rolleyes:

I'd buy it..........but only if they sorted out the duff squealing,groaning brakes - which clearly haven't been designed to cope with the current 100hp set-up.:rolleyes:

Jeez, things must be bad to tempt you out of your shell David! Not seen you post for ages; is the 100HP love affair over?

:)Not at all mate....in fact now that my four and a half year love affair with GTV's is over I'm very much a one car Panda 100hp kinda guy.

The more I drive it, the more I love it for what it is......fun, entertaining, chuckable and above all great value for money.

It's just those bl**dy brakes.:bang: particularly when braking after reversing.:rolleyes:

To be honest.....I'm sort of glad that nobody else in the Glasgow area...apart from 'True Scotsman'....has cottoned on to how good the Panda 100hp really is.

Oh and as for infrequent posting....as in business meetings - if you've nothing constructive to contribute - say nothing at all.;)

Good old FIRE technology. Pete, is their any chance GSR could become the British AMG? What do you feel about carbon fibre gear knobs? ;)

Only if they are lighter than the standard ones. I rather have a carbon intake manifold that looks inside right rather than on the outside.

I am working on your request.;)

:D Don't be daft.....I always like to read your posts matey.:worship:

You know what they say about sarcasm, don't you? ;)

I am working on your request.;)

Not sure if you can still get Volumex compressors though. ;)

Of course you know if you want to be the British answer to Brabus, you'll have to triple your prices for a start...

Back