General Panda Sporting?

Currently reading:
General Panda Sporting?

Scrogg

Get Your Own Title!
I had a rare bit of spare time at work today, so decided to catch up with some new car ordering (we have to order a minimum number of new cars each month, but that's not the point of this thread).

When trying to decide what Pandas to order I came across a variant that wasn't there last time I looked...

...a Panda 1.3 16v MultiJet Sporting! :eek:

I did a search of all the new product updates from the last few months to see if I'd missed anything, but could find no reference to it anywhere.

Have I missed something that you guys have already heard about? Have I stumbled across something that has yet to be announced? Or is it just a mistake in the system that will disappear as quietly as it appeared?

I reckon it was a mistake,don't think you have been able to get a new Sporting for at least a year:)

There were 200 red and 200 black ones, released in 2005. Cant believe you have been on the site and not seen references to a panda sporting before.
Its a base spec dynamic fitted with,
Normal Alloys
Skirts
Front + rear spoilers
Red/Grey seats from a 4x4 panda
Leather steering wheel/gear knob
Stainless vent kit
Sporting kick plates just inside the doors.
Optional stripes going over the top

It is a good model as it adds a bit of meat to the Panda but it is still gp2 insurance, cheap tyre size, multijet economy and all the service parts are standard panda. Very simlar infact to the Cinq and Sei Sportings.

I think the list price was stupidly high to start with and most were pre-reg by the dealers. I am sure it is a glitch on the computer but they may have found a 'lost' batch of cars or there will be a relaunch.

If Fiat UK are thinking about relaunching I could offer them some advice about the quality of the kit they used to turn it into a sporting though.

Image012.jpg

JON :))

Alternatively, Fiat may have just used the space on the ordering system that used to be the Panda Sporting for the new MultiJet 4X4, but haven't changed the name yet?

JON, Please check with the DVLA as you should have had your V5 changed, it should now state that you have a heavy oil Sporting JTD. NOT DYNAMIC.

The prob arose due to insurance company were not happy about the car being insured as a dynamic which was £1700 less in value.

Many Sporting owners have had there V5 changed, better to get it changed than run fowl of the insurers.

Tara Ian

Back