General Panda problem

Currently reading:
General Panda problem

A garage should know 100% if the throttle body is defective before ordering

There is a Throttle disgnostic test

You should not rely solely on the error codes, they point you in the right direction

The codes need to be manufacture specific, or better still model specific. Generic codes can be misleading

But you then need to confirm with further testing, especially when the parts are expensive

The engine computer can be told to position the throttle plate anywhere and it's position read back, The expected and actual then compaired

This is a Honda but the principles are the same

The plate should never be forced, with the ignition on

You shouldn't ever spray cleaner down here as per thousands of youtube videos

If it needs cleaning spray cleaner onto a cloth and wipe

Hi all, problem solved with a new throttle body! Purchased the part from China! took about a week to arrive, was only £46.00 + £11.00 postage. Exact match to the one on the Panda. All good. Thanks all for your help and advise.

Yeah, I did a search on the internet for Panda 06 Throttle body and it came up, just put the body number in and hey! there it was, the exact one! and at less than half the price of a new UK one, even with the 11 quid postage. I was concerned, being China of course, but when your in a hole....... Like you probably, I've bought parts from overseas before, with usual problems, wrong part, lost delivery etc but a simple fix this one in the end

Back