Technical Panda fault codes: P0504, P0300, P0302, P0303. With the latter 3 saying temp too high

Currently reading:
Technical Panda fault codes: P0504, P0300, P0302, P0303. With the latter 3 saying temp too high

Hi, something else now. I took it for a test drive today. Whilst driving along I heard two sharp intermittent beeps. This happened twice. No warning symbols on the dash and the car misfiring and cutting out hasn’t happened again, yet. Any ideas? I wonder if it ties in with the misfiring? I could carry on driving with the beeping.

The car was last serviced in July this year and I’ve just checked the coolant again and it has maintained the level - I have needed to top it up previously, but it hasn’t dropped in level since.

The car was last serviced in July this year and I’ve just checked the coolant again and it has maintained the level - I have needed to top it up previously, but it hasn’t dropped in level since.
Thank you for getting back to me by the way.

What parts were fitted at the service

Or was it an oil change only

Thank you that’s kind of you. I’ve got a car that I’m now only happy to drive on certain roads where I feel I can (hopefully) handle a misfire.

Sorry, I’ve just seen this. No they didn’t ask for my book.
there a lot of different services

From a simple oil and filter

To changing everything including the timing belt

And just about everything in between

They should tell you what you are paying for and it’s normally stated on the receipt

Knowing it had something done in July isn’t all that useful

Let me have a think at our next move

I take it you get everything done at the garage and have no way of reading the codes yourself

there a lot of different services

From a simple oil and filter

To changing everything including the timing belt

And just about everything in between

They should tell you what you are paying for and it’s normally stated on the receipt

Knowing it had something done in July isn’t all that useful

Let me have a think at our next move

I take it you get everything done at the garage and have no way of reading the codes yourself
It was a full service and that’s all I know. I guess that I could phone them to ask what it included. That particular garage doesn’t give receipts unless you specifically ask they them send it out in the post.

Since finding a much cheaper garage - I started to go elsewhere for repairs (just have service and MOT done at the old one) . The new garage always issues a receipt without you needing to ask.

No, I have now at of reading the codes.

Hi, something else now. I took it for a test drive today. Whilst driving along I heard two sharp intermittent beeps. This happened twice. No warning symbols on the dash and the car misfiring and cutting out hasn’t happened again, yet. Any ideas? I wonder if it ties in with the misfiring? I could carry on driving with the beeping.
Beep from the dash ?

Dualogic or manual gearbox ?

I’ve never had it beep for either of those reasons before. I wasn’t driving that fast. In my experience it has only beeped when someone hasn’t put their seatbelt on - and that’s a hideous sound.

A quick flick through the owners manual, section Warning light and Messages, throws up several acoustic warnings.

Handbrake on while moving.
Door, tailgate or bonnet ajar.
Speed limit exceeded.

There's also the seatbelt buzzer and I can't remember but does the fuel gauge warn you with a beep if you ignore the amber light for too long?

Hi, thank you for your message - it’s all a guessing game with my car and still no with the other issue.

Our 169 used to show some of the symptoms and warning and this was partly cured with coil, leads and plugs. This sounds like a weakness, and the cars eat plugs at a silly rate throwing out warnings at silly intervals. I have some more Fiat plugs in stock, but will not be buying any more as they seem poor.

We further identified a lot of sludge in the inlet manifold. I removed the throttle body and cleaned it out with clean rag. The effect was profound. I would certainly check this. I removed the air filter box and opened the throttle with a crew driver. It was swimming in gunge. This had affected the mass air flow sensor and seemed to be the root of the problem. We have mechanically identicall 169 and 312 and note the 169 (our problem car) goes better although it produces gunge from the engine breather.

The bredth of the warnings and lights, plus the involvement of the steering system suggests this is a basic and fundamental issue. Sometimes MES does not get right to teh bottom of such things but points to several areas of interest that are not involved. My suspicion would be its an earthing (or faulty wiring) issue, the main earth leads would be my first change / check, the battery would be my second suspect. You could check and clean the terminals at no cost and little effort, The third suspect would be the steering motor causing a short circuit and mucking up the ignition system in some odd way. Before delving into this a good check of the alternator out put would be a good move.

If its not electrical then some form of fuel starvation could be the cause.

Some checks with MES would probably rule out quite a few of the above suggestions.

After years of bitter experience I now never rule out faulty replacement parts as a bunch of red herrings. This does sound like a diagnostic on the Fiat dealer system might be worth the cost. I do hope you get to the root cause sooner than laterand share your frustration.

Back