Technical Panda fault codes: P0504, P0300, P0302, P0303. With the latter 3 saying temp too high

Currently reading:
Technical Panda fault codes: P0504, P0300, P0302, P0303. With the latter 3 saying temp too high

I wasn’t sure if you meant how many miles until it played up next or literally how many miles on the clock. I’m not impressed with it at all and there’s not much I can do either as the men at the electrical garage want to see it in action.

1.2 engine ?

Engine off steering lock off
Very hard to move the steering

Engine on. Car not moving
Easy to turn the steering

Engine on, City on, car not moving
Very easy to turn the steering

How much did it require

A litre or more

Or just a little
It was just above the minimum level and previously I filled it to the max. P.s. It’s very hard to see the level properly because you can’t see through the bottle due to its colour.

It was just above the minimum level and previously I filled it to the max. P.s. It’s very hard to see the level properly because you can’t see through the bottle due to its colour.
I will go those checks with the steering wheel tomorrow. Thank you.

P.s. city came on (I was only on my driveway), but it indicated that it had
It does worry me it leading to more damage , but having taken it into the electrical place and them not being able to get to the bottom of it, I feel like I’m a bit stuck. They want to see it in action so I drive to the town where the garage is so that if it does go wrong the AA can take me straight there. I’m fed up with it now.

Cars with the expansion tank on the side of the radiator take around 300ml from min and max

When working well and no leaks the maintain close to max

Shine a torch down the top you should see a nice pink liquid

I can only see the level if it’s low at night by shining a torch against the side of tank

So you had the car for 62,520 miles

We have P0300 P0302 P0303 intermittently. Along with engine not restarting

Same on Original coil pack
Same on Second coil pack
Same on Third coil pack

Problem has gone away on its own

maybe loosing coolant we don’t know yet

May have heavy steering we don’t know yet

There’s not enough to come to any conclusion

Out of curiosity roughly when we’re the spark plugs last changed ?

So you had the car for 62,520 miles

We have P0300 P0302 P0303 intermittently. Along with engine not restarting

Same on Original coil pack
Same on Second coil pack
Same on Third coil pack

Problem has gone away on its own

maybe loosing coolant we don’t know yet

May have heavy steering we don’t know yet

There’s not enough to come to any conclusion

Out of curiosity roughly when we’re the spark plugs last changed ?
I just don’t know re the plugs because there’s no record of it. Sorry if I’m repeating myself as I can’t remember who I said this to, but basically I asked the mechanical garage about changing them and they said they would have a look at them. The electrical garage said similar and said that they would only gets worse so the problem wouldn’t be intermittent. The AA chap suggested doing them where I had a new coil pack but both garages didn’t feel it necessary.

Re the coolant level if you over fill or go to the maximum line does is it able to get rid of the excess?

The coolant.. the cap on the Radiator tube has a 'pressure relief valve'

So will let out water IF the system gets over pressurised... rare event that !!

Checking the level.. when its all cold shine a torch down one side of the Min-Max sight tube... you should see the water level easily ( like a lantern)

Hants area.. not too bad for garages (y)

I just don’t know re the plugs because there’s no record of it. Sorry if I’m repeating myself as I can’t remember who I said this to, but basically I asked the mechanical garage about changing them and they said they would have a look at them. The electrical garage said similar and said that they would only gets worse so the problem wouldn’t be intermittent. The AA chap suggested doing them where I had a new coil pack but both garages didn’t feel it necessary.

Re the coolant level if you over fill or go to the maximum line does is it able to get rid of the excess?
Please don’t over fill it

It will over pressure and eventually come out of the top

But the over pressure can find a weak point in the system. Usually the heater matrix. Both expensive and time consuming to change

If you do over filled either squeeze the hoses and burp a bit out or syphon a bit out.

Spark plugs are recommended to be changed at 18,000 miles they can be stretched to 40k

Checking the level.. when its all cold shine a torch down one side of the Min-Max sight tube... you should see the water level easily ( like a lantern)

I seen blown hoses and heater matrix due to over pressure due to over filling.

Other half blow a hose off doing just this. Left stranded on a motorway.

Please don’t over fill it

It will over pressure and eventually come out of the top

But the over pressure can find a weak point in the system. Usually the heater matrix. Both expensive and time consuming to change

If you do over filled either squeeze the hoses and burp a bit out or syphon a bit out.

Spark plugs are recommended to be changed at 18,000 miles they can be stretched to 40k
Ok - I think I just filled it to the max level, I’ll try not to again but it’s near impossible to see the level (even with a torch). I managed to see it easier in the dark last night so I’ve put a pencil mark on it so I can keep an eye on it. Thank you so much for your help.

Thank you. I wasn’t sure whether to put my exact location on here or not.

Back