General Panda Cross on the way

Currently reading:
General Panda Cross on the way

That green has given me a bout of nostalgia, reminds me of the Ibzia Cupra of the late '90s!

Would love to have one but I suspect my 4x4 is worth a lot less than the settlement figure. Oh well it won't stop me from trying one anyhow

That green has given me a bout of nostalgia, reminds me of the Ibzia Cupra of the late '90s!

Would love to have one but I suspect my 4x4 is worth a lot less than the settlement figure. Oh well it won't stop me from trying one anyhow

O no the beza very well having owned a few cupras ..think it was called kiwi green back then ;-) well you can always ask and see what could be done on yr 4x4 you never no! Was reading that people that are on pcp deals on 4x4 already may be given good deals to change up to the Cross early so may be .............

Whatcar? Have given this two stars! Really gone off the magazine recently, they hate the twinair too. I admit the price is steep but 2 out of 5 seriously? They just seem to want say the opposite to everyone else. I'd have one!

It seems that their main beef about the Cross over the regular 4x4 is the £2000 premium.

I wouldn't disagree but that is no reason for them to drop two whole stars. :rolleyes:

The other problem is its not German. I've given up reading what car and most other mainstream mags because if its not German they think its crap

I've had an issue with them since I read their review of the trekking. Gave that two stars as well, and I'm sorry but it is far more my cup of tea than a vw up which I have driven and found to be merely average feeling in every way. The writer of that particular review deserves a slap for his distaste of the twinair engine too, very biased opinion, and the 'real mpg' is tosh as I'm getting 12mpg more than what they claim the trekking can manage. Plus, the price of a best selling novel for each issue that's packed full of adverts and propaganda, no thanks... Poor fiat, such hard work on the cross and they get awful reviews like that. Carbuyer on the other hand seem to be much more genuine, love their YouTube reviews.

I think that bronze interior is more suited to the orange images, I don't see who thought it worked with yellow as the launch model, even the seat stitching is orange.

I have seen the list of initial colours but just wonder how long it will take before the initial stocks are in the UK; do they pre-build a mixture prior to launch... Not sure how new car release normally work. Got to believe the factory is on with production of some varients prior to arrival in the showrooms.

I think that bronze interior is more suited to the orange images, I don't see who thought it worked with yellow as the launch model, even the seat stitching is orange.

I have seen the list of initial colours but just wonder how long it will take before the initial stocks are in the UK; do they pre-build a mixture prior to launch... Not sure how new car release normally work. Got to believe the factory is on with production of some varients prior to arrival in the showrooms.

Hi yes after speaking to my dealer the demo cars will be the new yellow, only extras will have tinted glass plus a few colours available at launch but probably standard .....obviously if you would want extras it would be a factory build ...

According to Arnold Clarke dealership they should have theirs in the showroom by the 16th.

Will just take a quick look at the new one, work the numbers and then decide if it the Cross or the existing 4x4.... Boy the days go slow when you're waiting!

The Panda Cross is here.
My friend at the Fiat dealer had his 1st launch model in yesterday. He's registered it and is using it as his demo. I'm off to take a look later!!

Had a long look at one in an Italian showroom the other day - in yellow - much too Tonka toy for my taste I'm afraid.

I honestly thought I wouldn't like it, but I do! Maybe not yellow though
Just been for a spin in it and the slightly higher power multijet pulled nicely. It was laggy below 2000rpm but you could drive around that.

The new leather gear now is much rounder and much better.

Another improvement is the rear dampers. Much better controlled over speed bumps now and makes the car feel more grown up.

I love the new style wheels and the extra 10mm in tyre width makes a noticeable difference. They look more chunky

I tried the hill descent control on a steepish hill and it seemed to work fine

I'll put up some pics later

Last edited:
I've been trying to assess the engine braking on my 4x4 TA; it's quite difficult to gauge how steep an incline is but I reckon it just maintains tickover speed down a 1 in 4 but picks up speed gradually on anything steeper.

The rear end on this feels very sorted - especially compared to my previous 100HP pre-Koni adjustables on the back - are you comparing the Cross with the current or previous models? I doubt if they've changed the dampers on the Cross.

I've been trying to assess the engine braking on my 4x4 TA; it's quite difficult to gauge how steep an incline is but I reckon it just maintains tickover speed down a 1 in 4 but picks up speed gradually on anything steeper.

The rear end on this feels very sorted - especially compared to my previous 100HP pre-Koni adjustables on the back - are you comparing the Cross with the current or previous models? I doubt if they've changed the dampers on the Cross.

I'm comparing the rear suspension to my 2013 TwinAir 4x4. The new cross is much better damped.

Here's the pics and a short video of the hill descent control

Last edited:
Saw a couple of transporters heading north on the m5 yesterday, including a few panda cross in yellow. Not my cup of tea but the yellow is definitely better than in the pictures!

Back