General Panda Camp 2014

Currently reading:
General Panda Camp 2014

gavin-stacey-t-shirt-ness-oh-whats-occuring.jpg

It was all done and organised by this time last year.......

Who was sorting it out for Up Norfffff this year :confused:

Unfortunately panda camp takes a lot of reminding, cajoling, organising, bribing etc.

Campsites with maps attached....a Q and A session where inmates get to find out if there is an exercise yard or where Mr Big's stack of goodies can be purchased.

In this case it's a show so, it should be easier.....should be. Is camping at the show?

The best way is to keep bumping the thread to ensure it doesn't get lost and ask ever you to say yes or no...maybe a poll.

If that fails we could look at other times and venues as an option. A Scotland camp would be good and we can make it work...just needs a push.

Last edited:
http://www.fiat-scotland.com/fiat/u...ar-Day-Cairnie-Fruit-Farm?p=140309#post140309

It is at Scottish Italian Car Day 2014
Cairnie Fruit Farm and Mega Maze, Cupar, KY15 4QD

The cost for the show is £5 as per the above thread.

The thread also says that camping isnt catered for as it is a new location. So might be an idea to book camping at a nearby campsite, the following is the closest/best facilities/most places available I could find. It is called Nydie caravan and camping site, it costs £19 for two adults per night and has many facilites including a shower block and toilets. It is 6.7 miles away from the venue, though if anyone can find a more suitable one please tell us! http://www.pitchup.com/campsites/Sc...ndrews/nydie-caravan-and-camping-site/?type=4

I would be up for this if it was a case of camping on the saturday night with other panda people, would be nice to put some faces to names! (I have wanted to go to a panda camp for ages, and I cant really not go if there is going to be one in my own country!) and then making our way in a convoy to the show in the morning :) so in principle (if noone minds me starting a list on this page) here is the start of a list-

1-FirstcarY10
2-Onemanmade

Last edited:
I would love to go... -- until 2002, I spent some part of every year in Scotland; but haven't been back since then.... :cry:

However, unless someone arranges a transporter for one of my Pandas, I don't think my health is up to driving -- or being driven -- all that way. Sorry, guys... -- such a wonderful idea, as well.... :bang:

I would love to go... -- until 2002, I spent some part of every year in Scotland; but haven't been back since then.... :cry:

However, unless someone arranges a transporter for one of my Pandas, I don't think my health is up to driving -- or being driven -- all that way. Sorry, guys... -- such a wonderful idea, as well.... :bang:

thats a shame Im sorry to hear that :(

I have PTP booked into a couple of shows in Ayrshire this year, Dean Castle and hopefully Eglinton also. So to be honest I am more wanting to meet other panda owners and have the pandas together than I am bothered about the show, but Im sure the show will be good :cool:

http://www.fiat-scotland.com/fiat/u...ar-Day-Cairnie-Fruit-Farm?p=140309#post140309

It is at Scottish Italian Car Day 2014
Cairnie Fruit Farm and Mega Maze, Cupar, KY15 4QD

The cost for the show is £5 as per the above thread.

The thread also says that camping isnt catered for as it is a new location. So might be an idea to book camping at a nearby campsite, the following is the closest/best facilities/most places available I could find. It is called Nydie caravan and camping site, it costs £19 for two adults per night and has many facilites including a shower block and toilets. It is 6.7 miles away from the venue, though if anyone can find a more suitable one please tell us! http://www.pitchup.com/campsites/Sc...ndrews/nydie-caravan-and-camping-site/?type=4

I would be up for this if it was a case of camping on the saturday night with other panda people, would be nice to put some faces to names! (I have wanted to go to a panda camp for ages, and I cant really not go if there is going to be one in my own country!) and then making our way in a convoy to the show in the morning :) so in principle (if noone minds me starting a list on this page) here is the start of a list-

1-FirstcarY10
2-Onemanmade

My thoughts entirely. That looked like the best bet for a campsite to me too but as of when I last checked there were only 10 pitches still available, and as I said on my previous thread the show is on a bank holiday weekend so that will i suspect go down pretty quickly. If we're going to get more folks than that we are going to struggle as everywhere else locally looks to have even less. Tbh we might be as well just booking individually as and when anyone knows they can/want to go. I am definitely going to the show and I'll camp somewhere the night before anyway so I'll want to book pretty soon.

Annoyingly I actually booked into this campsite a couple of years ago for the night after the show, but can't report back as it was the year of the howling gales. Having watched the Fiat Scotland gazebo demolished by the weather I decided to skip the camping and drove straight home.:eek:

My thoughts entirely. That looked like the best bet for a campsite to me too but as of when I last checked there were only 10 pitches still available, and as I said on my previous thread the show is on a bank holiday weekend so that will i suspect go down pretty quickly. If we're going to get more folks than that we are going to struggle as everywhere else locally looks to have even less. Tbh we might be as well just booking individually as and when anyone knows they can/want to go. I am definitely going to the show and I'll camp somewhere the night before anyway so I'll want to book pretty soon.

Annoyingly I actually booked into this campsite a couple of years ago for the night after the show, but can't report back as it was the year of the howling gales. Having watched the Fiat Scotland gazebo demolished by the weather I decided to skip the camping and drove straight home.:eek:

I reckon I will be booking soon, but I don't want to book and then everyone else goes somewhere else! But yeah I am more fussed about meeting other pandarers than the actual show.

I hate to say...this is not a goer. Only ten spaces and getting people to comit this week will not happen..I know this from experience.

This does not stop us sorting something north of the border.

We can look at places and times that ensure a good turnout. Why don't we tackle it as we have done before?

I know nothing about Scotland and we need someone who does to come up with ideas and where to go. Link a place with something close by which we could visit on a cruise out. Is the place BBQ friendly? Can we as a club camp at the site?

So, can someone take over the research please.... We can then have a chat about dates.

I hate to say...this is not a goer. Only ten spaces and getting people to commit this week will not happen..I know this from experience.

Its looking very much like that, as I said I am more interested in meeting other pandarers at a panda camp than I am about the show in Fife, as I am already booked in for one (and hopefully two) shows I love visiting, and am very much looking forward to showing at in my own county.

I hate to say...this is not a goer. Only ten spaces and getting people to comit this week will not happen..I know this from experience.

This does not stop us sorting something north of the border.

We can look at places and times that ensure a good turnout. Why don't we tackle it as we have done before?

I know nothing about Scotland and we need someone who does to come up with ideas and where to go. Link a place with something close by which we could visit on a cruise out. Is the place BBQ friendly? Can we as a club camp at the site?

So, can someone take over the research please.... We can then have a chat about dates.

Ideally whoever wants to take charge can copy and paste the below for an idea, and amend it to suit Ie pick date and location and go for it :)

Hi guys, as some may have seen, a few of us have been in talks about getting Panda Camp 2013 plans under way :rumour:

Now things are going to be done slightly differently to what has been attempted in the past, as everything to date has failed except for Panda Camp 2009, which was organised in a very similar manner to what I plan.

The location for Panda Camp has been agreed on as Lytton Lawn Touring Park - Part of Shorefield Holidays. This site is located down south in The New Forest. Now I know this is going to be a fair trek for some (its is for me also), but hear me out.

This is the same site which was used for Panda Camp 2009. We were extremely lucky with our 2009 event as the park was very accommodating, and in addition to this the site is reasonably priced, with clean facilities, and serviced pitches (electricity hook up, ideal for charging phones etc). They also allow BBQs, which is something that not all sites allow (Health and Safety don't you know :rolleyes:) and have a free swimming pool we can use at Lytton Lawn's sister park 3-4 miles down the road. Now I'm a bit of a 'stick to what you know' guy, and think that as the site will accommodate us, we should make the most of this. Yes other sites may be able to accommodate us, but hey ho - The New Forest is a lovely place. :p

The date for Panda camp is Friday 7th June until Sunday 9th June (2 nights). It was mentioned at Panda Camp 2009 that a single night wasn't long enough, specially as most have to travel, so its been decided that 2 nights will be a good idea. It is optional though, and you don't have to stay both, I know with work commitments etc that some may only be able to do the one night, so if this is the case you can do just the Friday night, or just the Saturday night should you wish. (y)

Price's according to the Parks site are £20 a night (£40 for the weekend) and this is per a pitch, up to 6 adults from memory, and you can park your pride and joy on your pitch also :)

The event, although predominantly Classic Panda's, will be open to any keen FF members if they want.

To prevent the regular problems of people saying they'll come, then changing their minds, or finding they're busy because its only a month away etc etc and generally causing a world of pain for anyone organising, and usually leading to the event falling flat on its face, the following has been decided. As with Panda Camp 2009, there will be a single 'block' booking made (by myself). This will be done the week commencing the 11th Feb.

By the time of booking I will need payment from all who plan to attend, so the group booking can be made in one go. This needs to be done during the week commencing 11th Feb to enable us to all be placed on pitches next to each other. If you cannot be certain you can attend by this date, and / or cannot pay for your pitch, unfortunately you will not be included in the block booking, but you're more than welcome to try and make a booking yourself at a later date, but you might be in a completely different section of the park to everyone else.

I hope I haven't rambled on to much, and that everyone is happy with the above plans on organising the event. I know that for some the location and dates won't be best suited, but unfortunately after the failed previous attempts I see this being the only way of getting Panda Camp 2013 up and running. :worship:

Useful Information at a Glance
  • Dates: Friday 7th June until Sunday 9th June (2 nights)
  • Cost: £40 (£20 a night)
  • Booking / Payment Date: Week commencing 11th Feb

Here a few pic's for those which weren't at Panda Camp 2009
DSC08201.JPG
DSC08183.JPG

DSC08152.JPG
DSC08155.JPG

Please feel free to discuss below :)

I know nothing about Scotland and we need someone who does to come up with ideas and where to go.

Ok have had an :idea:, In deepest Perthshire, there is what is described as retro car paradise, auto****e paradise depending on which website you read about it on. Some photos below. Its virtually unknown outside a few enthusiasts and its location is something of a closely guarded secret as it would probably run foul of the council. But its close to some genuine Highland scenery so there's lots of campsites without there being a car show around to use them all up. Of course its not all Fiats, there are Renaults. BL, VWs, Peugeots, Iron Curtain stuff abound. 70s & 80s mostly. If people are interested I could pay it a visit to see if they mind a group visiting. Old very rusty cars may not be everyones cup of tea but i thought it might float a few boats :)

Attachments

• Perthshire tat yard.jpg
    Perthshire tat yard.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Perthshire 126.jpg
    Perthshire 126.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Perthshire Panda.jpg
    Perthshire Panda.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Perthshire NSU.jpg
    Perthshire NSU.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Perthshire fiat 1200.jpg
    Perthshire fiat 1200.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Perfect...(y).... Where's Perthshire??...:devil:

Good start...please keep going.

Well the beauty of it is,If your coming from the South, Perthshire isn't really much farther than Fife and its a lot prettier. A cruise on Sunday could easily take in some highland scenery. Possibly over an unclassified road thats starts by the lochside at Loch Tay and climbs up to Loch na lairige picbelow. I could look into campsites no bother :)

Attachments

• Lochan na Lairige.jpg
    Lochan na Lairige.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 20
This is getting exciting!! :)

I hope i'm not jumping the gun and getting too carried away. I don't know yet how friendly the retro scrapyard will be to a car club descending on them. The campsite below would seem to be ideal.

http://www.cruachanfarm.co.uk/

In its picture gallery there are pictures of the Imp club assembled there and also a posse of Hot Rodders.

I hope i'm not jumping the gun and getting too carried away. I don't know yet how friendly the retro scrapyard will be to a car club descending on them. The campsite below would seem to be ideal.

http://www.cruachanfarm.co.uk/

In its picture gallery there are pictures of the Imp club assembled there and also a posse of Hot Rodders.

The campsite looks great, and has extensive acreage for camping :) seems to have everything!

Back