General Panda active - cigarette lighter issue (yes, again!)

Currently reading:
General Panda active - cigarette lighter issue (yes, again!)

Treborfiat

Sorry to labour this issue - it has been well covered in various other threads and the contributions were much appreciated - they helped a lot.
To skip forward I have finally got the cigarette lighter working per the relay/fuse/ socket rewiring etc and have an OEM lighter but have been unable to locate any retailer selling the plastic insert tray with the hole for mounting the lighter. Does anyone know where it might be available? I already have the lighter so don't need to buy a complete kit. Hoping to avoid having to make something. Thanks for any help.

Make your own cover plate from aluminium sheet. It's easy enough to do with a CAD** template and will look great with dome socket head screws to hold it in place.

** Cardboard Aided Design.

Thanks to you both. Seems like am resigned to making up some sort of platform myself. Thanks for your ideas. Thinking on it.......

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Yes, scrapyards was an option but they will only sell the whole centre console at considerable prices. As for Fiat prices - you don't want to know!
It became a DIY and took the original removable tray and drilled a 27mm hole in the base. Used the lid off an old radio's battery compartment as a top plinth, also drilling a 27mm hole in that. The hole in the tray needed to be pared out with a Stanley knife to accommodate the lighter's illumination section. Used Gorilla glue to affix the plinth to the top of the tray. Attached the socket plug and clipped in the tray and all is well. Have pictures if anyone is interested. There are obviously many ways to skin this cat but this seemed to be the simplest and easiest way without spending very much. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. This was for a Fiat Panda Active 1.2, 2011 model.

I simply used the old piggy lighter/mirrors switch plate as a template and drilled to suit new switches and voltmeter with USB outlets. I put the mirrors switch into the door panel via another aluminium face plate. That needed a brave pill but it works.

Back