Currently reading:
Styling panda abarth rally body kit???

I prefer the 100hp kit TBH

But the rally car does look good.

157lw1i.jpg

nlc2le.jpg

The Panda looks ace flying round the corner and sounds meaty
(y)

The front bumper lets that kit down, to much chicken mesh (n)

And £1200 for the full kit, probably £1000 and more to be fitted and sprayed.

Maybe thick end of £800 for wheels.

Think I'll stick to bog standard lol
(y)

It's the 1.2. It delivers 130HP @ 7800RPM.

In Poland, they also have a Panda Cup. There I believe they use the 1.4 engine, pushing out 140HP @ 7700RPM (and 152Nm @ 5000RPM). The top speed is only 160km/h, but it'll do 0 - 100km/h in 7 seconds! Pretty sweet! :D

Anyone have any idea what they do to the 1.2 to get it upto 130BHP???

Very impressive figures from that engine!!:slayer:

Anyone have any idea what they do to the 1.2 to get it upto 130BHP???

Very impressive figures from that engine!!:slayer:

Quite a lot i would expect.

Cams,
head porting
throttle bodies
raise the compression ratio
exhaust manifold/exhaust.
programmable ecu.
full blueprinting/lightening and balancing of components, forged pistons, oversized valves.

About 5K probably.

Actually the figures aren't massively impressive when you think about it. That is only just over 100bhp/tonne.

My integra has 196bhp from a 1.8 and it came out of the factory like that.

My integra = 108.8bhp/litre
Rally panda= 108.3bhp/litre

Last edited:
its amazing what power you can get from some engines, daihatsu mira tr-xx, has 660cc turbo, and you can get atleast 150bhp!!! lol

Dead easy to tune up a turbo though. NA's are a fair bit harder as basically you have to rev higher to generate the power, whereas with a turdbo you can up the boost slap a bigger turbo on. It may ruin the driveability but it'll be quick but laggy when you've spin it up.

And if you want to get really serious about power, try combining a turbocharger with a compressor... Back in the old days of Group B rally, the Lancia Delta's had a 1.8 liter engine, fitted with one of each, and they had somewhere around 550HP. In a car that weighed just under 900kg, that's just insane (and the reason why Group B rally doesn't exist anymore).

And if you want to get really serious about power, try combining a turbocharger with a compressor... Back in the old days of Group B rally, the Lancia Delta's had a 1.8 liter engine, fitted with one of each, and they had somewhere around 550HP. In a car that weighed just under 900kg, that's just insane (and the reason why Group B rally doesn't exist anymore).

Yep, 'twincharging'. Twas the Delta S4. You mean a turbocharger and a supercharger (both are compressors).

But like i've said easy to get mega horsepower with forced induction.

Yep, 'twincharging'. Twas the Delta S4. You mean a turbocharger and a supercharger (both are compressors).

But like i've said easy to get mega horsepower with forced induction.

Best thing about that car was that there was a system to disengage the supercharger at high revs so you got the efficiency of a turbo only engine at high revs. Brilliant idea.

Best thing about that car was that there was a system to disengage the supercharger at high revs so you got the efficiency of a turbo only engine at high revs. Brilliant idea.

Its pretty much the only way to do it as otherwise the supercharger would become something of a parasite. A good friend of mine has built up a twincharged mk1 mr2... the supercharger controller disengages the SC once the turbo gets up to speed. Mind you she's been building it for 5 years now and 40 odd K later it still isn't up and running!

Back