Technical Panda 4x4 Strange DAB issue

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 4x4 Strange DAB issue

bankies

My wife recently purchase an Orange 70 plate Panda 4x4 she has a has had 2 Panda's before a mk1 and a mk2 but always wanted one again especially a 4x4. She is very happy with it apart from the dab radio which works which for a short while then displays unavailable then works again for a short while. Happens on all stations but is ok when stationary. Car picked up from Perth and is now in Glasgow not sure if its a tuning issue or the radio is faulty.
Only other complaint is cup holders are small any recommendations for inserts?

We've a brand new Panda 4X4 (22 manufactured 23 reg) and absolutely no problem with the DAB radio and we're in Glasgow too.

We use the Apple car play though so streaming from my iPhone connected with a cable to the infotainment screen no issues there either other than having to use a cable to use the phone's apps.

Does a DAB radio need to ‘retune’ in the same way digital tv does? I don’t have DAB in the Panda but the DAB radio in our Kamiq worked much better after a ‘rescan’ of the stations

In passing do I recall reading DAB hasn’t been the success they hoped for, meaning FM isn’t being killed off but DAB might be? This might be out of date, but… https://www.theregister.com/2018/05/22/digital_future_is_not_dab/

I bought a DAB radio for my mother and it did something similar. Fully retuning it eventually resolved the issue and it works fine. My stereo is also DAB and sometimes seems to loose its recption and again retuning from scratch seems to re etsblish signals. I dont know why but try retuning at another location and see if this establshes the channels better. Once the cannels have been established well they seem to work better therefter. As you can tell I dont know much about these things but it has worked for me.

Sounds like a coverage issue. DAB coverage/reception is lousy compared to FM. Whole stretches of the A1 between Newcastle and Edinburgh get "UNAVAILABLE".

Your tiny square cupholders are an elaborate practical joke by Fiat.

Back