General Panda 4x4 Antarctica ordered - anyone else thinking of taking the plunge?

Currently reading:
General Panda 4x4 Antarctica ordered - anyone else thinking of taking the plunge?

I'd be inclined to wait to have it registered in 2014.
That way when you part ex/sell it you should get a few hundred pounds more for it.

Just looked at the Antarctica on the website and it seems you can't spec it up at all other than a leather wheel & gear knob... .thats a shame.... IF I were to get one I'd certainly want my slidy seat option and the heated seats!! :)

triumph7 indeed limited options but the main reason I've gone for this one (apart from I like the look) is that I discovered they were already on the way to the UK. So by not changing the spec I ordered it 2 weeks ago and should have it in a weeks time which will hopefully beat the bad weather :)

Update - delivery status 50 : With Delivery Instruction, Delivery instruction has been sent to transport company.

Getting closer, best guess next Fri/Sat?

triumph7 indeed limited options but the main reason I've gone for this one (apart from I like the look) is that I discovered they were already on the way to the UK. So by not changing the spec I ordered it 2 weeks ago and should have it in a weeks time which will hopefully beat the bad weather :)

That makes a lot of sense - I waited an age for my Panda earlier this year, but then again I wanted one with lots of options and in a colour that was not one dealers were ordering for stock.

The closest I will get to the Antarctica look is my orange mirror covers (c/o deeyup :) ) and later when I can order the badges and wheels :)

Anyhow, can't wait to see the pics of yours when it arrives.

all the best

:)

I ordered a nice 4x4 Panda in November, With a few extras, so they have not built it yet, Week Starting the 13th of Jan they say, I wonder what the Penguin would look like on the metallic Green Panda 4x4. :D

Side question, once Fiat have built the car, how long does it take to arrive at the dealers in the uk. (on average)

I ordered a nice 4x4 Panda in November, With a few extras, so they have not built it yet, Week Starting the 13th of Jan they say, I wonder what the Penguin would look like on the metallic Green Panda 4x4. :D

Side question, once Fiat have built the car, how long does it take to arrive at the dealers in the uk. (on average)

This is something I want to know as well, got a text saying car was built and sailing on its way on the 20th. I really don't want to tax my current car again at the end of January (all 35 quids worth) and even worse to have to MOT it in February. Although the shrewd OP hasn't had to concern themselves with this as the cars are in the UK already :p

Good choice on the penguiney 4x4 too! Much resentment coming your way for not having to wait as long as me :)

Well so much for delivery 'mid December' just heard today from the dealer that it may be another week! Not sure what the point of the status codes is if they don't get followed through?

I get the impression the dealership's not best please either as they've got a potential buyer for my 500 TwinAir+ lined up already and people waiting to drive the Antarctica demonstrator (arriving at the same time as mine)!

Deep breath - at least they've agreed to install my new headlight bulbs, LED DLR and fog light for me by way of a gesture of good will (all items based on forum recommendations :) )

Last edited:
Well so much for delivery 'mid December' just heard today from the dealer that it may be another week! Not sure what the point of the status codes is if they don't get followed through?

I get the impression the dealership's not best please either as they've got a potential buyer for my 500 TwinAir+ lined up already and people waiting to drive the Antarctica demonstrator (arriving at the same time as mine)!

Deep breath - at least they've agreed to install my new headlight bulbs, LED DLR and fog light for me by way of a gesture of good will (all items based on forum recommendations :) )

Good news :)
What bulbs u having fitted into the fog lamps?
Ta

deeyup that's what I was told by the dealer and Fiat's status implied. Can't believe they didn't manage to get them to customers in 2013 which of course was the 30th anniversary. Only Fiat could manage deliver their special edition 30th anniversary cars a year late!!! :-(
triumph7 don't take my word for it! Currently installed in my 500 and was assuming it would be a straight swap to the Panda - anyone know otherwise?

I haven't been on the site for a while. :eek:

My forum name is a bit outdated, as I chose this when I was looking to get a 500 TwinAir which we then got in 2011.

That TA is now going from my wife to my daughter and my wife and I quite like the look of the Panda 4x4.

I just noticed that Fiat are doing what seems to be a pretty decent deal on this Antarctica model, so we are aiming to go up to town tomorrow to check it out.

I came across this thread which grabbed my attention and I'm waiting with baited breath for the delivery of this car!

I'll be watching this space! :D

Lol - I'll post some pics and first impressions as soon as it arrives :) As I understand it every dealer in the UK is due to get an Antarctica in the next week (or so!).

I've made it quite clear though that if it comes with the bloody penguin decal I want it removed before I leave the forcourt ;-)

Back