General panda 45 problems (idling, tickover)

Currently reading:
General panda 45 problems (idling, tickover)

Hi everyone, can you possibly help please. The panda 45 runs and drives but i cant get rid of a bad misfire :(. The car has liquid dripping out of the exhaust, and every now and then there is a pop and a little bit of white fumes comes out of the exhaust. I have tried to adjust the Weber carb but it doesnt get rid of the misfire, and i have checked the spark plugs and they have a bright white centre post (cant think of the name). Can someone help (y)

I'm assuming the liquid is water dripping out of the exhaust. Could be a problem Chris or it could just be condensation but as you drove it a good distance recently ????? check to see if any of the plugs are wet after running and smell the plug to see if it's water or fuel.

Chris Im going to be passing Newcastle on Tues would you like me to drop the new carb off to you? If you give me your post code il be able to find it no bother. It would be in the morning id be passing by. Any good?

Giacosa said:
Chris Im going to be passing Newcastle on Tues would you like me to drop the new carb off to you? If you give me your post code il be able to find it no bother. It would be in the morning id be passing by. Any good?

That would be fantastic (y). I will get the exhaust changed on monday so i can take you for a run in it :)

Russ, the panda is doing fine :). The misfire has disappeared after putting on a new rotor arm, and i will be doing the exhaust and HT leads tomorrow. I am still waiting for the wings and apex panel though :(. I have bought a head gasket set off ebay for £5.50 including postage (y), and will keep that just in case anything does happen, and i now need to sort out the paint for the respray (original Siam red (y) )

Great stuff man. Have you got quotes for a respray? I've been wondering how much a full respray in Broom Yellow or maybe Focus ST Orange would be for a Panda. Wouldn't do it to mine but get another Panda before anyone asks. :yum:

christopher watson said:
Russ, the panda is doing fine :). The misfire has disappeared after putting on a new rotor arm, and i will be doing the exhaust and HT leads tomorrow. I am still waiting for the wings and apex panel though :(. I have bought a head gasket set off ebay for £5.50 including postage (y), and will keep that just in case anything does happen, and i now need to sort out the paint for the respray (original Siam red (y) )

Hi Chris

Sounds like it is shaping up well, keep us updated! (with piccies)

Russ

Back