Technical Panda 100hp rear axle suppliers

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 100hp rear axle suppliers

are you sure, is it not just the camera angle, its being sold as a Panda axle for both disc and drum models but not 100hp
and has been for at least two years, quite a few have been sold
I'm absolutely sure. The 169 stub axle brackets go straight up from the swing arm tube. The 500 axle flares out >20mm and you can see the gaps either side of the bottom weld. The IM Axles listing for 169 axle contains some 500 images adding to the confusion. My original thread shows the differences.

Flared wheel spindle bracket on 500 Axle
IMG_2688_zpswlhrjhht.jpg

Below is the straight bracket on the 169 axle taken from our 2005 Dynamic. Folded top to the stub axle mounting face hides any downward view of the bracket bottom edge. 500 bracket has a plain cut edge top and it flares out, so you get to see the corner gaps.

By the way - you can probably see why I changed the axle. ;)

IMG_2686_zpsuewu13it.jpg

Last edited:
I think I'm right, but just in case...

This photo from the previous page / eBay listing:

1648143190891.png

The part on the left of the red line is the wheel spindle bracket.
We can see it as it's standing off / flaring from the axle indicating it's a 500 axle.
If it were a 169 axle, the wheel spindle bracket would be more or less where the red line is.

Presumably the eBay seller is selling it as a Panda one as (well, for 1, it's eBay, but for 2...) it'll fit Panda disk cars that run narrower wheels as they cancel out the additional width from the 100hp wheels, and so don't rub on the bodywork, or, the photos aren't of the actual item.

I think I'm right, but just in case...

This photo from the previous page / eBay listing:

View attachment 404129

The part on the left of the red line is the wheel spindle bracket.
We can see it as it's standing off / flaring from the axle indicating it's a 500 axle.
If it were a 169 axle, the wheel spindle bracket would be more or less where the red line is.

Presumably the eBay seller is selling it as a Panda one as (well, for 1, it's eBay, but for 2...) it'll fit Panda disk cars that run narrower wheels as they cancel out the additional width from the 100hp wheels, and so don't rub on the bodywork, or, the photos aren't of the actual item.
correct

either they selling the wrong axle from the picture or they have just used the same pictures for both their 500 and panda listings

I'm not sure if we said. The rubber hose connecting axle to chassis will be seized at both ends. The axle end is irrelevant so cut the hose, remove the retaining clip and unscrew the fragment from the chassis end flare nut. DO NOT TURN THE FLARE NUT. You can now warm the flare nut with a gas lighter flame to soften the plastic coating. When done the nut will turn nicely. I treated the bare metal with anti seize paste and have had zero problems.

A 650mm long braided hose replaces both rubbers and the middle steel tube. Cost is a bit more that the rubbers but you get a better setup.

Back