Technical Panda 100hp rear axle suppliers

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 100hp rear axle suppliers

Drew1

Hi, I know there’s a lot of posts about this but has anyone being able to find a replacement axle for 100hp as I just keep going around in circles.
I don’t want to pay £700+vat when a none 100hp is £120 which is nuts.
Any help would be much appreciated.

As far as I know, nobody has ever fitted a third party axle to a 100HP

I have studied photo of axles and there sizes. A drum only versions will not be a straight swap. There is a lip that requires cutting off

The disc, drum, universal replacement axles look to me to be a simple swap. The axle is the correct width, there's no lip in the way, and the major holes are already in the correct position.

I can not gaurentee all the cable clamps are in the correct positions.

I don't have a 100HP but if I did and need a new axle I would have already emailed a supplier

maybe

which lists the 100HP part number 51856918

this one also lists as compatible with the 100HP

although I would always double check First as the compatibility lists aren't always correct.

just come up against a similar problem with a head gasket kit. The euro4 and euro5 engines are different but most list the euro4 as fitting up to 2012

I suspect fiat will just use off the shelf parts so the rear disc brakes will be identical to other disc versions of the panda

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
As far as I know, nobody has ever fitted a third party axle to a 100HP

I have studied photo of axles and there sizes. A drum only versions will not be a straight swap. There is a lip that requires cutting off

The disc, drum, universal replacement axles look to me to be a simple swap. The axle is the correct width, there's no lip in the way, and the major holes are already in the correct position.

I can not gaurentee all the cable clamps are in the correct positions.

I don't have a 100HP but if I did and need a new axle I would have already emailed a supplier

maybe

which lists the 100HP part number 51856918
Thanks for the reply pal I’ve emailed a few and just waiting on replies.
My cars stuck down in Shrewsbury and im from Manchester so im just paranoid I’ll buy one and it won’t be right and the garage can’t fit it.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
100HP stub axle mounts have a hole at the top for ABS sensor. Other Panda 169s have that hole at the front. LHS would be at 9 o-clock RHS at 3 o-clock). A suitable hole could be drilled at 12 o-clock to take the 100HP ABS sensor. talk to the garage.

eBay item 114652958092 shows the hole is for a "standard" axle.

If you take off the wheel you can easily follow the ABS wire along the swing arm to the axle and see how it enters the hub mounting.

Last edited:
100HP stub axle mounts have a hole at the top for ABS sensor. Other Panda 169s have that hole at the front. LHS would be at 9 o-clock RHS at 3 o-clock). A suitable hole could be drilled at 12 o-clock to take the 100HP ABS sensor. talk to the garage.

eBay item 114652958092 shows the hole is for a "standard" axle.

If you take off the wheel you can easily follow the ABS wire along the swing arm to the axle and see how it enters the hub mounting.
correct

I should have checked

its a different axle under the listing since I first posted last year

and no longer lists 51856918

Looking for images to illustrate, I came across a Fiat 500 1.4 disc brake axle. Apart from the (unsuitable) wider track, that's got to be the same as 100HP - hasn't it? No such luck! The 500 shows ABS wires coming out at 3 and 9 o-clock. 100HP seems to be the outlier.

But the good news is a 12mm hole can be drilled in the correct location which should be stronger than the deep slots cut into the original 100HP stub axle mounts.

Looking for images to illustrate, I came across a Fiat 500 1.4 disc brake axle. Apart from the (unsuitable) wider track, that's got to be the same as 100HP - hasn't it? No such luck! The 500 shows ABS wires coming out at 3 and 9 o-clock. 100HP seems to be the outlier.

But the good news is a 12mm hole can be drilled in the correct location which should be stronger than the deep slots cut into the original 100HP stub axle mounts.
Thanks for the info guys that helps out a lot, if it had happened at home there would be no problem as i'm sure i'd get it done

Fiat want £1375 for one, has anyone buchtered a normal one and just taken the spring cups off?

Plenty of universal disc / drum panda axles around.

I don’t have enough interest to find out if they are a straight swap into the 100hp as I don’t own one

The 100hp has a different part number to the other disc models

If I did I would have been in contact with the suppliers by now and have an answer.

Fiat want £1375 for one, has anyone buchtered a normal one and just taken the spring cups off?
This is the difference. The grey one is original 100HP, black one is £150 drum brake EBay jobby. The holes for the hubs are the same, so all you would need to do is drill a hole for the ABS sensor and for the brake line brackets either cut off and re-weld your old ones or make up some new ones. Been done lots of times on the 100HP Facebook page, got to be honest and say it’s above my skill level but my mechanic said it wouldn’t have been a problem (if mine hadn’t have been salvageable). I have a new one here (the one on EBay that has thicker cups), if you need any pictures let me know.

Attachments

• 94D55DF2-8C36-486B-876F-420AEC6AF237.jpeg
    94D55DF2-8C36-486B-876F-420AEC6AF237.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 0875878D-C11C-4219-A520-B885A079B588.jpeg
    0875878D-C11C-4219-A520-B885A079B588.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 101
This is the difference. The grey one is original 100HP, black one is £150 drum brake EBay jobby. The holes for the hubs are the same, so all you would need to do is drill a hole for the ABS sensor and for the brake line brackets either cut off and re-weld your old ones or make up some new ones. Been done lots of times on the 100HP Facebook page, got to be honest and say it’s above my skill level but my mechanic said it wouldn’t have been a problem (if mine hadn’t have been salvageable). I have a new one here (the one on EBay that has thicker cups), if you need any pictures let me know.
Hi Scotty, thanks for the reply bud is your axle the same width? if so how much are you asking i can't find the ad in the classifieds. cheers Andy

100HP and "standard" 169 Panda have the same width axle. 500 axles have flared wheel spindle brackets. 169 axles have the bracket face in line with the swing arm tube..

Hi Scotty, thanks for the reply bud is your axle the same width? if so how much are you asking i can't find the ad in the classifieds. cheers Andy
Didn’t get round to measuring them when they were both in the same place, but as far as I know (and as confirmed above), they’re both the same width. I wasn’t necessarily going to sell the replacement, but on the off-chance you’re anywhere near SW London you could have it for £60.

looking at the quality of some of the 3rd party axles.

its hard from photos, and some might be generic photos

but several with the flange that needs cutting off look very weedy. The ones that fit disc and drum look to be made of thicker plate here. The photo on the right a couple of posts above looks slightly thinner than the genuine 100HP but its hard to tell from the slightly different angle, but some look much thinner still.

the ones without the flange look better made in this area, again it only via looking at photos, I could be wrong
temp.jpg
temp2.jpg

Last edited:
Didn’t get round to measuring them when they were both in the same place, but as far as I know (and as confirmed above), they’re both the same width. I wasn’t necessarily going to sell the replacement, but on the off-chance you’re anywhere near SW London you could have it for £60.
Hi,Scotty is there any chance of posting it hermes is saying it's less than £10 so if i give £80 would you be happy with that it doesn't need wrapping just the label sticking on it.
If it cost's more than £10 i'll sort the difference.
thank's Andy

This is a 500 or Ka rear axle you can see how it flares away from the swing arm.
temp-jpg.404097

This is a 169 drum brake axle. The smaller of the two holes is where the ABS sensor goes through.
temp2-jpg.404098

The triangular bracket that runs perpendicular to the stub axle might need a small amount taking off to clear the hand brake cable. But it may be OK "as is".
Dont bother with the OEM hard line and two hoses at each side. A 650mm long braided hoses (from under floor hard line to brake) does the job more efficiently for the same money. You will need to include six drum grommets along its length for strapping down and rub protection.

This is a 500 or Ka rear axle you can see how it flares away from the swing arm.
are you sure, is it not just the camera angle, its being sold as a Panda axle for both disc and drum models but not 100hp
and has been for at least two years, quite a few have been sold

there's quite a few similar ones of around.

I posted mainly because the quality looks so much better on the welds and plate

if they were selling the wrong part it would be both dangerous and open to manslaughter charges if someone died.

not checked recently but there was two manufactures that did the 100hp axle for crash damaged cars. From memory they were around £250 probably plus postage
Screenshot (135).png
Screenshot (136).png

Last edited:
Back