Technical P0115 Reset procedure - Panda 1.2 8v 2012

Currently reading:
Technical P0115 Reset procedure - Panda 1.2 8v 2012

Hi all,

Is there a specific reset procedure for P0115 on a 2012 Panda 1.2 8v, or a certain number of good runs I need to do?

I've just replaced the thermostat seal and in doing so, I disconnected the coolant temperature sensor to get more access to clean up the mating surface.
Once refitted and refilled, I started the car but had forgotten to reconnect the coolant temperature sensor. Got a "Check Engine" message and an engine light, and code scan gave me P0115. Reconnected the sensor, started up - engine light was off and no message on the dash, but code was still present. I tried to clear and it did, but on restarting the car it reappears (still no engine light though). Is there a routine needed to validate the repair and allow the code to be cleared permanently?

FWIW, I have checked the coolant temp and inlet air temp readings (as I believe that can also set P0115 on these) over a 10min idle and the readings look clean and plausible. I don't think there's an air lock as I spent a decent amount of time bleeding it and fairly confident all air is out. I ran it to temp and the rad fan came on, radiator was warm, hoses all warm, and cabin heater warm.

Last edited:
Hi @Xen :)

Its not an error Ive ever seen
(on 1242's..a 6hour stint with the bonnet up usually followed any cooling doubts for me..)

Ive got a 'Naughty' 2013 panda , with what is probably a dodgy Temp.Sensor

An hour or so into a summer road trio it will put on the Yellow light.. after @5 minutes the Red will follow

I usually turn it on and off before the Red..and it will drive ok for the remaining hour

So.. I wouldnt expect a lasting RED unless you have a permanent error.

Does your Diagnostic kit give temperature feedback readings?

Really you want to compare coolant and Air readings.. as seen by the ECU :)

On GP it was sometimes caused by the MAP sensor which has an integrated intake air temperature sensor. It can be cleaned if it gives wrong readings or replaced. On a cold start, the reading should be close to the ambient temperature.

I think it must have been some sort of drive cycle thing. I took it on a 20min drive today and the code doesn't seem to be reappearing any more.

I'd checked the intake air temps and coolant temps during my 10 min idle test the day before and they started off around 10c and rose steadily to 20c for air intake and 90c for coolant over the duration, so I was fairly confident there wasn't actually a fault (that and the fact the engine light had extinguished, even though the code had come back).

Back