P141109_14.00[01].JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) Out with the old, in with the new (my punto mk2a progress thread).

Introduction

unfortunatly on fri 13th of all days i crashed my car :(
in the wet.
i wasnt speeding but the back end slid out as i was leavin a corner(bend in the road).
tryed controling it but it started snakin.managed to avoid all the oncoming traffick.but hit a parked car with the side of mine wich caterpulted me into the curb witch ripped the tire off the rim and that spun me into a 360 spin wich i managed to controle as the back end was lifting up i stopped it from roling onto the roof.im well gutted
i realy am devistated as id just got it to look how i wanted it.
but it could have been a lot worse. i could have hit the oncoming cars or roled it but i manged to avoid both with quick thinking.
i was unhurt. just realy shook up. (n)
well as iv mentioned on fb. it failed again 2day as the bust shock me and paul sorted we put on right but the guy who fitted my lowering springs put the top rubber mounts on wrong way round. so i had one the right way and one wrong.
we sorted it in 10mins without taking the suspension apart :D and managed to get it put back in lol.
but yeah all clean now :D

lol. no updates other than im gettin rid of it soon. fed up wid it now. things always goin wrong with it. latest is my heater dont work. no lights on the heater knobs on centre console n the fan wont blow. wrong time of year for that to go bust :(

but yeah as bredz said im lookin to get a focus

lol. no updates other than im gettin rid of it soon. fed up wid it now. things always goin wrong with it. latest is my heater dont work. no lights on the heater knobs on centre console n the fan wont blow. wrong time of year for that to go bust :(

but yeah as bredz said im lookin to get a focus

well u can reuse ur induction kit lol (y)

car went about 2 weeks ago guys. just thort id update yas lol.
didnt end up with a focus tho.......... got a 1.4 saxo furio in blue.
and in fairness i think i got a good swap :D
but im very sad to see the punto go (n)

car went about 2 weeks ago guys. just thort id update yas lol.
didnt end up with a focus tho.......... got a 1.4 saxo furio in blue.
and in fairness i think i got a good swap :D
but im very sad to see the punto go (n)

Get some pics up in the 'other car' section of the Furio, I hope it's nicely modified already :rolleyes:

Puntos usually go wrong, that's just the way it goes. :(

Get some pics up in the 'other car' section of the Furio, I hope it's nicely modified already :rolleyes:

Puntos usually go wrong, that's just the way it goes. :(

yeah well i did a straight swap for the furio with my punto :D it had 16inch alloys on but swaped them for some black vtr alloys as the 16's where way to wide and fisicly stopped the car on full lock. had lexarse lights on but he gave me origionals so i just sprayed them with tint spray i had left but could do with a lil darker. hes gave me lowering springs and shocks for the fronts so need to put them on, back are torsion bars so can drop that for free :) lol. has horrid blue tints on but keepin em on till i can afford some real tints as there still helpin the kids sat in the back lol. has a k&n filter cone on it but right on the tb and its sat behind the engine block but iv found one very simular to the focus kit on ebay for same price so will get one of them (y)

only problem is its got black front bumper and the drivers front wing has been badly resprayed, car had a bump but runs fine and just needs them 2 things touching up. il get pics up that iv took later

Re: Out with the old, in with the new (my punto mk2a progress thread)

Ye gloss looks nice! I saw a civic the other day with white alloys and blue wheel nuts! Looked really nice, anyone know if you can buy coloured ones or if you can just paint them? I imagine the paint would be damaged everytime you take the wheel off though

when you paint them let the nuts dry,and then when you go to tighten them up put paper around them,the wrench will still grip but not damage the paint

Not posted on here for a while but thought id add a link to my progress with the sax if anyone wishes to see. was badly chaved up when i got it and slowwwwwllleeeeyyyy im making it better (de-chaving it [if thats possible with a sax lol]). unfortunately though this has come to an mot failure dead end......

But, im not giving up on this one, its half way there now, just needs some welding.

anyway for who is interested:
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386401
hope you enjoy

na got rid of the vtr alloys,tyres where bald and one had bubble plus the paint job was tacky, so swaped them allong with a punchbag and some stuff i dont use around the house for the white multi-spokes with new tyres on. cars been off road for 2 months now since the mot, but its getting to the end of that. looking to be on the road in the next 2 weeks or so

Back