OT - rotties to be added to the dangerous dog list

Currently reading:
OT - rotties to be added to the dangerous dog list

Hi, i was'nt going to get involved in this but im just wondering why, and its not a personall attack on any dog owners on here, would you want to have a large powerful dog like a rottweiler as a 'family pet' I understand that all dogs can potentialy turn on a child or an adult but surly you can lower this risk by avoiding the situation happening in the first place by not putting children and rottweilers together in the first place. My first son grew up with our family dog who was a cross between a whippet and a terrier so you can see I am not totaly anti dog. Just my opinion. :)

we got the rottweilers just because my parent generally liked them, its same as anything really, you may think other dogs are ugly where as you like others. its like clothes in a way but the cloths cant kill you, you like a pair of pants, you get the pair you like. never just pants in general just the pair u like, if you understand me?

rascalsig.jpg

I havent read much of this but we need to get the dog wisperer in this country :p

as r45c4l says it is a personal choice what dog you have.

My sister has 2 boxer dogs which she thinks are the cutest dogs in the world. I think they look like they were chasing parked cars and managed to catch a few :)

However some people will have a dog because of the reputation of the dog.

Same reason why people buy ridiculously fast sports bikes/cars that can't be used on the road.

Image.

Banning things just drives it under ground.

There's more guns on the streets now they are illegal than there were when you had to have a licence. Only now they are in the hands of people who WOULDN'T qualify for a licence under the old rules.

lets move onto guns...

correction.... The ammount of guns on the streets has nothing to do with making them illegal to own with out a license. The type of people who go round shooting people will get a gun whether they are illegal or not.

The reason there are more guns on the street is because the sentences have been relaxed (currently 5 years maximum-Out in 2.5 for carrying a firearm). Purely because the Judges have no sence of reality (when they are safe in their mansions), resulting in maximum sentences very rarely being issued, and the government has no backbone to bring in deterring punishments.

If someone knew they WERE going to serve a full 15 YEARS for carrying a firearm, do you think as many people would be doing it??........

I Think not....

Please correct me if im wrong

I never meant that the reason there were more guns was BECAUSE they were illegal :)

I meant there are more guns in circulation and they are now ALL (or very nearly all)in illegal hands rather than in private licenced owners hands.

Where as the poice/goverment used to have some idea of who/when/where and how many firearms owners were in circulation, now they don't.

The gun laws were meant to reduce the number of incidents like Hungerford by removing hand guns from peole like Michael Ryan and from society in general

Obviously it didn't work as guns now seem to be easier than ever to get.

There were laws in place already to assess the applicants for a fire arms licence. Michael Ryan was subject to checks by his local police, however they missed the signs of his growing dependence/lust for guns

The option to own/target shoot, a hand gun was removed from the general law abiding public. It DID NOT however remove guns from society

All i meant to point out was that making things illegal DOESN'T make the problem go away, it just makes it go underground, where there are no checks on who is buying/operating/using said banned item.

You can still get pit bulls and you would still be able to get Rotties, the same as you can get drugs and weapons, but with the regulation of it being legal removed you open it up to the less desirable elements/organised crime.

It's too big a subject to cover in the constraints of a forum like this.

ps

the people who do these vile things (killing/rape/shootings) obviously don't value life in the same way that us peeps do.

They accept that they may die from their course of action and don't give a damn about a sentence no matter HOW severe. The number of people on death row must testify to that :)