General Opening rear windows in a Mk1 Sei

Currently reading:
General Opening rear windows in a Mk1 Sei

GeX

Established member
How difficult is it to fit opening rear windows to a Mk1 Sei.
It has all the mounting holes theres so in theory if i can get the glass from a Mk2 i can bolt it in. But how do i go about re-re doing the seals etc.
Ta

How difficult is it to fit opening rear windows to a Mk1 Sei.
It has all the mounting holes theres so in theory if i can get the glass from a Mk2 i can bolt it in. But how do i go about re-re doing the seals etc.
Ta

good question! does any1 know or did u do it urself gex?

Cant you just use the glass and the rubbers from the mk2 seicento?

I'm sure the glass in the mark 2 has the hinges built into the glass and the window rubbers in the mark 1 HOLD the glass in place, and the mk2 rubber is diiferent as when you close the hinge it sort of suction pulls a seal? i would of thought it be pretty easy to do as long as i can get hold of the complete rubber n hinges plus any bolts needed! ?? :confused:

Cant you just use the glass and the rubbers from the mk2 seicento?

phoned up a scrappy who has them and he has a set and rubber which i can have for £30 but i am stuck on how to fit them, he wreckons i will need thread holes for the bolts on hinges to go in where holes are on the triangle bits? i assume that the threads are on sum sort of plastic grommet, would any body know the name for these gromet type things and the best fiat part dealer to buy them from as cheap as possible? :worship:

I done it to ma old sei he holes were squared if I remember correct
I used plastic plug screwed self tapper in done the trick
You need rubber and window with brackets

Back