Styling oops!!!

Currently reading:
Styling oops!!!

jenga

can anyone calm me down??? ive had a slight accident and im not sure wot to do there was a bollard that never used to be there and it suddenly came out of no where now i have no door and no back panel. dont know if its gonna be a write off or not im gutted!!! i am actually sittin in work on my computer cryin !!!

What do you mean you have no door or back panel?

Doors are fairly cheap to swap if you find one at a scrappies - may even be same colour. Depends on how badly the back panel is dented as to what can be done, but trust me when I say that I've seen some great results from bodyshops, so dont worry about it too much, just fix it as and when you get the money to.

well the door is still on but its very eh... crumpled!! the same with the back panel. i loved that car aswell im well grieving!!! im gonna phone some scrap yards and see wot theyve got but wont it look strange with a nice new door and panel compared to rest of car im scared ive screwed the whole car up!! nice pic by the way!!!

Of the car that is.

Might not be as bad as it seems...shunts always seem worse just after they happen as you're normally in a 'heightened state of conciousness' plus you're miffed off.

im sure itll be fine when my insurance company get their hands on it!! they are picking it up on sat morn. too much messin to sort myself wouldnt want to get mt hands too dirty!!!

they'll most likely right your car off if theres damage to the rear quarter (assuming its a mk1) coz it will require cutting and welding in a new quarter panel on top of the cost of new door and labour and painting, insurance companies dont fit second hand parts either.,.(y) ,.,

If i were you i wouldnt get insurance involved! just pick up a door from a scrappy, get your hand on the colour coded paint, and spray it yourself! shouldnt be more than an afternoon's work!!!

Back