Technical On/Off Button removal?

Currently reading:
Technical On/Off Button removal?

Hi.

Does anyone know how to safely remove the central "On" Button from the Connect+ Nav unit in a Stilo Abarth without damaging the unit?
Regards to all.
Mike

Attachments

• PIC_0361.JPG
    PIC_0361.JPG
    828.1 KB · Views: 14
  • PIC_0364.JPG
    PIC_0364.JPG
    777.4 KB · Views: 14
You need to remove and separate the front panel. There are six screws holding it on. Then disconnect the two ribbon cables and separate the two halves of the front panel. This should reveal the front panel PCB. The SIM card holder is attached to the front panel by a plastic clip.

To remove the " ON " button, you first need to pull off the rotary switch knob around it and then pull off the " ON " button. The rotary switch has a polarising slot moulded into it so it will only fit back in one position.

Attachments

• CN+ Rear & Cradle.jpg
    CN+ Rear & Cradle.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 13
  • CN+ Screen Cables 3.JPG
    CN+ Screen Cables 3.JPG
    676.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Thanks
Reactions: PNL
Just interested to know why you need to remove it?

Hi Shadeyman.

Many thanks for your reply. I have to replace the "On" button as it has gone all manky, the "On" has turned into a sticky white blotch! Looks terrible, so I was wondering if the button pulled off without extracting the unit and dismantling it. The unit shown is a spare with a good button.

My drivers window control buttons are also going the same way but I have instructions for removing the switch block but dealers want £96 quid for a new unit. Just hope all my switches don't go the same way.

Regards
Mike

You need to remove and separate the front panel. There are six screws holding it on. Then disconnect the two ribbon cables and separate the two halves of the front panel. This should reveal the front panel PCB. The SIM card holder is attached to the front panel by a plastic clip.

To remove the " ON " button, you first need to pull off the rotary switch knob around it and then pull off the " ON " button. The rotary switch has a polarising slot moulded into it so it will only fit back in one position.

Hi Davren.

Many thanks for your reply and great instructions for access to the button & volume control. I have to replace the "On" button as it has gone all manky, the "On" has turned into a sticky white blotch! Looks terrible, so I was wondering if the button pulled off without extracting the unit and dismantling it. The unit shown is a spare with a good button.

My drivers window control buttons are also going the same way with the rubbery coating going sticky, I have instructions for removing the switch block, but dealers want £96 quid for a new unit! Just hope all my switches don't go the same way.

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.
Regards
Mike

Back