OMG i HATE it when that happens!!!!

Currently reading:
OMG i HATE it when that happens!!!!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Just been bidding on a pristine condition coupe 16v NA, 12month MOT, 7000mile since cambelt, only 30min drive from here aswell. was watching the bidding in the last few minutes and it got to 5sec before closing and my max bid was much higher than the current so i was like "w00t!!! :slayer: imma win this!!!" and then i press refresh and it say bidding has closed and i was outbid by £20!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: damn last second bidders GRR!!!!!! :cry:

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Just been bidding on a pristine condition coupe 16v NA, 12month MOT, 7000mile since cambelt, only 30min drive from here aswell. was watching the bidding in the last few minutes and it got to 5sec before closing and my max bid was much higher than the current so i was like "w00t!!! :slayer: imma win this!!!" and then i press refresh and it say bidding has closed and i was outbid by £20!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: damn last second bidders GRR!!!!!! :cry:

Well that was lucky. You could have ended up with the most unreliable engine in the coupe range!! Next time get 20v :D

Ross

Surely that was £20 over what you willing to spend though if you put your max bid in? :confused:

yeh it initailly was, but for the sake of £20 i would have probably raised my bid a little more to beat it :(

I'd love a 20v ross, but insurers also love the price they'd like to charge me for it (n) i can just about handle a quote for a 16vt, so it was gonna be a 16v or a 16vt anyway.

You'll spend more on repairs than with insurance if you get the 16v non turbo. :D

Who have you got quotes from ? What age are you?

Ross

i tried gocompare, moneysupermarket and confused, but the cheapest by far was from my current insurer ecar. They wanted £1450 for me (22, male, held licence 2yrs and 1yrs NCB, TPFT, Garaged, no points, no convictions etc etc) Whats the 16vt like? i went for a 16v as i presumed it was the same minus the turbo? hence one less thing to go wrong and eat my money :) plus the £200 difference in insurance would go towards parts for me to give it a damn good service when i got one :)

Lol helz im waaaay too impatient to wait another yr ;)

thats probly a better way to look at it jamie :) i hope the bidder was prepared to go a couple of hundred higher, cos i'd have been gutted if £20 more was his absolute max lol

Last edited:
i tried gocompare, moneysupermarket and confused, but the cheapest by far was from my current insurer ecar. They wanted £1450 for me (22, male, held licence 2yrs and 1yrs NCB, TPFT, Garaged, no points, no convictions etc etc) Whats the 16vt like? i went for a 16v as i presumed it was the same minus the turbo? hence one less thing to go wrong and eat my money :) plus the £200 difference in insurance would go towards parts for me to give it a damn good service when i got one :)

Lol helz im waaaay too impatient to wait another yr ;)

thats probly a better way to look at it jamie :) i hope the bidder was prepared to go a couple of hundred higher, cos i'd have been gutted if £20 more was his absolute max lol

Wrong move using search engine to check. Greenlight insurance, HIC, Adrian Flix, Noel dazely. All coupe friendly. Im 22 with 2ncd, and im only £1150 including monthly payments. Thats on a declared 350bhp coupe with uprated suspension, wheels, bodykit, headwork, turbo change, etc etc.

Ross

Oi! Less of the 16v bashing!

If you really want something like a coupe - get a Tipo 16v. It's the same car only lighter, cheaper to buy and cheaper to insure. If you find you can't keep up with repairs etc then you'll find you've been saved from losing money on the coupe. You can pick a Tipo 16v up from around £1000 for a good example and you're unlikely to lose any money on it.

You know i love ya dude (y) but .....

It's the same car only lighter, cheaper to buy and cheaper to insure.

This is true except the coupe is better looking :D

Its true tho the repairs will be expensive. Budget for at least £1000 a year in repairs.

Ross

took the words right out of my mouth ross. Thats the whole reason to get a coupe :D they define the term 'sex on wheels'

Lol. Come to the dark side my son. Its all worth it... :D

U registered on the coupe forum? U should check out the insurance section for good insurers, get some quotes then you know what you can afford insurance wise. U should also be able to get someone to go with you to view a coupe and hence potentially avoid buying a crapper.

Ross

Back