Olympic Traffic

Currently reading:
Olympic Traffic

Transport for London sent me this email, passing it on.

Dear ** *****

I am writing to advise you that during the Olympic and Paralympic Games, London will be turned into a massive sporting and cultural venue.

With tens of thousands of Olympic athletes, officials and media and millions of visitors and spectators here, this means that roads in central London, around venues and on and around the Olympic and Paralympic Route Networks (the ‘ORN’ and ‘PRN’) will be much busier than usual from mid‑July.

Our advice is to avoid driving in central London, around venues and on or around the ORN and PRN. If driving in these areas is absolutely essential, you should plan ahead and allow extra time.

Temporary traffic changes will be in place along the ORN and PRN. Games Lanes will be in operation on parts of the ORN and PRN at certain times; these are for the use of Games vehicles only. If you drive in the Games Lanes, park, load or stop on the ORN or PRN, your vehicle may be removed and you risk a fine of £130.

To help you see how your routes will be affected, we have launched a new online ‘Temporary Road Changes’ tool. Please visit getaheadofthegames.com/roads

Olympic and Paralympic Route Networks (the ‘ORN’ and ‘PRN’)

Its a good job the Olympics are before the Paralympics..

Otherwise it would have been the Paralympic and Olympic Route Networks . :devil:

1/3 of multi function displays on the motorways had plan your journey ahead of the games messages when on them last weekend, not only around London, but also on the M6. Got a bit annoying in the end :p

They had them on the M62, which is Liverpool - Hull.. Nowhere near london.. Even had them on the M621 which only goes to Leeds... So its not like that ones because some of the Venues aren't actually in London since Leeds doesn't have any.

Last edited:
I am supposedly not going to be allowed to drive down the slow lane of the A40 which is the only way to get to my house. Im ready for that argument:devil:

I think I might leave the country while the running, jumping, swimming people are in town. A nice quiet beach somewhere well away from where the terrorists strike, I mean olympics are held.

I think i may leave purely because the advertisements are making me feel ill. Seriously, Head and Shoulders is meant to give you a cool head and a winning edge. Sod off, don't talk crap. And nappies with the Union Jack on them? Seriously, what is that for? To inspire that generation to skip the walking stage and start with the 100m herdles? Grr.

They had them on the M62, which is Liverpool - Hull.. Nowhere near london.. Even had them on the M621 which only goes to Leeds... So its not like that ones because some of the Venues aren't actually in London since Leeds doesn't have any.

I saw 4 of them saying the exact thing on the M2, seemed a tad excessive.

Back