General Oily airbox?

Currently reading:
General Oily airbox?

Was going over the engine today to make sure everything was in order and noticed a small amount of oil has gathered in the airbox, only one or two drops worth. It's formed at the join where the airbox unclips. Everything appears to be running very sweetly indeed, so where could the oil have come from?

Also the small rubber thing that's on the throttle cable has successfully got stuck when the throttle has been opened as far as it will possibly go, meaning I've had to stab at the pedal to close it again. I've sprayed some WD40 on it and the cable so hopefully it'll stop doing it, but has this ever happened to anyone else? What is the rubber thing even for?

It will be coming from the breather pipe. Just oil vapour thats collecting where it can pool nothing to worry about. (y) Eventually it starts to get the filter oily so id wipe it up.

yup!, oily airbox is a common symptom of a connection to an engine of some kind...

Thanks for the responses guys, drove the Panda today and it's all good again. It's currently left in a big car park alone though until I pick it up tomorrow. :cry: Ah well had a good night on the town anyway!

Back