Technical Manifold to airbox pipe

Currently reading:
Technical Manifold to airbox pipe

Hi, does anyone know the part number, or otherwise where I could get a manifold-airfilter box pipe please? I have messaged a couple sellers on ebay who are breaking pandas but they have already sold it seems. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Also does this pipe/hose have a proper name? Its a panda parade 1000fire by the way

thanks

Cameron

it gathers the warm air from around the exhaust manifold, as warm air increases the burn temperature of the ignition in the cylinders. however in the UK its not really cold enough to make that much of a difference to the way an engine runs.
in the air box there is a flap controlled by a thermal switch (like that of a thermostat on a car but lower temperature). however you find most of the time that it is faulty and does not open the flap letting the warm air enter.
that bit is broken on mine :/
not too fussed about it however as it is not really needed.

Re: Re: Manifold to airbox pipe

it gathers the warm air from around the exhaust manifold, as warm air increases the burn temperature of the ignition in the cylinders. however in the UK its not really cold enough to make that much of a difference to the way an engine runs.
in the air box there is a flap controlled by a thermal switch (like that of a thermostat on a car but lower temperature). however you find most of the time that it is faulty and does not open the flap letting the warm air enter.
that bit is broken on mine :/
not too fussed about it however as it is not really needed.

I checked the mechanism in in worked (which I now know is called a thermal switch) and figured out roughly what it does, or rather what it physically does not its actual full purpose, im learning I guess :) cheers John

to be honest.. i do not know the correct name of it, i just called it a thermal switch as it.. works by heat.. and switches.. hehe
maybe i should google it...
"thermo-mechanical switch" heh i was pretty close then :D
they use to use them on the old "auto choke" carbed cars to automatically open when hot and close it when cold.. it failed all the time though and loads of the time they were converted back to the old manual choke.

glad it helped :)

heheh when you have done a (kinda) rebuild of one you soon get to know the thing inside and out.. or in my case under and over.

i am quite upset with mine though, the under side of my panda Talon looks very nice, but because it is under the car very few get to see it :(
the top is still in a right state. i really want mk 2 doors and a full respray. (still willing to swap my rust free marbella / mk 1 doors for some rust free mk 2 doors if anyone is interested :D)

Last edited:
Back