Technical Oil Pressure Low

Currently reading:
Technical Oil Pressure Low

Seraph

Orka inte
Right, this has happened before, but it was "resolved" when the negine warning light problem happened.

Frequently when i switch the engine on, it does the system check, and returns "Oil Pressure Low. Switch off engine" or something to that effect.

Obviously, if I switch off the engine, and then turn it back on again, it works fine.
I've checked the oil level, and it's all good.

What the hell is going on?

Morritt said:
this is what i got before the engine cut out, garage said it was a dodgy connection.
well it used to do this, and it would stall at random intervals, aparently it turned out to be a misaligned injector, but this is just niggling.

It sounds like an "engine managemnet" problem. I had it quite a few times. Panel kept saying "engine fault" but there was nothing wrong with the engine.

My problem at the moment is what oil to put in my stilo dynamic, the manual doesn't make it clear. Could you have any idea.

Carol

Wish i could help you, I can't even remember what oil it is i bought, but I checked with the car place before I bought it...

Cats Five said:
It sounds like an "engine managemnet" problem. I had it quite a few times. Panel kept saying "engine fault" but there was nothing wrong with the engine.

My problem at the moment is what oil to put in my stilo dynamic, the manual doesn't make it clear. Could you have any idea.

Carol

Hello Carol judging by your posts your a new member So WELCOME (y) Fiat recommend SAE 10W-40 oil for your engine just use a good quality engine oil to that spec and you should be OK (y) the only problem I don't like is that IF YOU don't do your own servicing then you wont know what your garage has put in and in that instance I would supply the oil to them to use in your service so then its the same going in there when top up time arrives :) hope that is of some help (y)

Back