Technical Oil on the coil pack - PCV valve gasket / oil ring?

Currently reading:
Technical Oil on the coil pack - PCV valve gasket / oil ring?

Guerciotti

Hi,
The PCV valve oil ring seems to be failing on my 2016 Fiat 500 1.2.

When you open the bonnet there is oil on the back of the engine and on the coil pack. When you give the air filter a slight wiggle the whole assembly moves including the exit tube for oil from the PCV valve and so I think that during any movement (such as in normal driving) any seal is being broken therefore depositing oil onto the coil pack.

Is there a gasket available with a tighter fit? Alternatively maybe I have excessive play on the airbox? The bolts seem to be quite tight but it does move quite a lot when you grab it.

Cheers

I’ve got one if you need it.

Thank you. Do you think I have an issue with the gasket or excessive movement in the airbox? The tube moves quite a bit when I wiggle the airbox ! Or is that because I don't have a good fit with the gasket...?

Thank you. Do you think I have an issue with the gasket or excessive movement in the airbox? The tube moves quite a bit when I wiggle the airbox ! Or is that because I don't have a good fit with the gasket...?

Dunno. They are not particularly tight but are also held in place with the peg right at the back as well as the two side bolts. Is it snug on the airbox?

Dunno. They are not particularly tight but are also held in place with the peg right at the back as well as the two side bolts. Is it snug on the airbox?

Thanks. I've just checked (albeit in the dark) and it appears that the plastic peg that is supposed to hold the airbox from the back has broken. That would be why my airbox is so wobbly...

Plastic glue to repair the two pieces ok or new airbox required?

Thanks - that's very helpful.

I must admit I have never heard of plastic welding before !

I'll have a go at the weekend. To confirm looks like you are using a standard soldering iron for this?

Thanks - that's very helpful.

I must admit I have never heard of plastic welding before !

I'll have a go at the weekend. To confirm looks like you are using a standard soldering iron for this?

Yes it was a normal soldering iron. Since then I invested in a hot staple kit from eBay which works much better in conjunction with plastic welding and the kit comes with a v shaped attachment which is ideal for plastic welding too.

Hi,
I took the airbox off today to inspect it in the daylight and the split in the plastic is quite precise and it needs to be fixed using the right angle in order to align with the screws so I ended up gluing it in the end...although it has adhered well having now done this I am not sure about heat resistance...It doesn't get very hot back there but do you think is an issue? I used Pattex plastic glue like this:

https://www.bullstore.eu/pattex-sec...C_U0ga7T3SEx1PPklWSuxRh7h7snK8xkaAotxEALw_wcB

Well I inspected the car today and the glue hasn't worked...

I then proceeded to scrape all the glue residue off the airbox, threw away the broken clip at the back, re-screwed in the bolt to hold the airbox in from the back (even though it is not holding anything with an airbox missing a clip) and re-installed the airbox using the 2 front screws. The idea was to enable us to use the car before the new airbox arrived...

After attaching the airbox using the two bolts I then gave it a wiggle...no movement...:confused:

Not sure how this is the case but I will drive with this for a while and see what happens. If it holds then job done...:)

Back