Technical Oil light

Currently reading:
Technical Oil light

Peanut01

Hello people.
I have a strange problem... when i turn of the engine.. the oil light comes on. When i turn the engine on, the light goes out.

Familiar?

Hello people.
I have a strange problem... when i turn of the engine.. the oil light comes on. When i turn the engine on, the light goes out.

Familiar?

By turn on do you mean start (engine running) or just turning the key to on?
If engine running that is normal. If just turning on it sounds like a bad earth somewhere and sneak current is going to ground via the oil pressure light, switch and the engine block.

Robert G8RPI.

Hi, thanks for the reply.. that part is indeed working good. Engine running.. no light, engine off... light. Btw.. i noticed also that since that problem.. the battery light does not turn on when starting or turn the key to “on”

Now i have disconnected the battery.. so it doesn’t drain. But that is not the solition. [emoji6]

Tryed to clean everything.. cleaned all the ground cables and also the ignition switch.. but the problem stil excist. Try to get a new oilsender..

IMG_1860.JPG

What is PTC and where to find it?

The problem is solved.. the alternator had an internal fault.. mounted a new ( refurbished ) alternator this morning, and everything works fine again... for now[emoji6]

Back