Technical Sedicivalvole oil warning light(s) .....

Currently reading:
Technical Sedicivalvole oil warning light(s) .....

Tipoabarth

Hi fellow Tipo owners.

I have a Tipo 2.0IE 16v, Sedicivalvole (Abarth) 1992, and I can´t seem to get the oil (dipstik ?) warning light to go off....-can anybody help me ?

I´ve tried to pull off the wires that I could think of going to the oil pressure/level sensors, but the indicator won't go off...

-Also, I´m confused about this "dipstik" light....-what's the difference between this and the oil can light ?

Btw. my oil pressure seems to be okay on the gauge (about 3 bar), and I´ve (of course..) checked the oil level, and it is at the top on the dipstik mark....

-Help is appreciated :)

The red light only shows low oil level when ignition is on - nothing to do with pressure. It is renound for coming on for no real reason - I get this sometimes and a quick switch off - on of the ignition normally sees it going out

-Okay...thanks for the reply, TipoMike.

-I have removed the dashboard, and the digital board, and I´ve measured (-I´m an educated electronic engineer, so no worries there...!) around the circuit that controls this light, and i found that the "comparator" for some reason "flipped" to the wrong initial state...-I fixed the problem by adding a resistor :)

Hi Crisps.

-It says so on the back and on the side spoilers...-but, then again, it could be something aftermounted....-I´m not an expert :)

according to FIAT manuals, the warning light should turn on only when the oil level is low and when ignition is set to MAR.

If the engine is running, the light should be off.

Constant ON is indicating sensor fault.

Back