General engine oil indicator problem

Currently reading:
General engine oil indicator problem

huaweiideos

hi friends, I've fiat tipo 1.6 i.e cat(1991), and yesterday I found a trouble with engine oil indicator. engine loses an oil, and I thought that the engine was out of oil finally, this morning I added an oil in engine(1 liter) but when the engine got hot, the oil level sign started lighting again... when i stop the engine while driving and start again with jump, the sign stops lighting about 1 minute or more, also when I press gas pedal the sign stops lighting for a while... please if anyone knows what may be the cause of problem or how can i fix it, please help me... I'm waiting your recomendations.

hi friends, I've fiat tipo 1.6 i.e cat(1991), and yesterday I found a trouble with engine oil indicator. engine loses an oil, and I thought that the engine was out of oil finally, this morning I added an oil in engine(1 liter) but when the engine got hot, the oil level sign started lighting again... when i stop the engine while driving and start again with jump, the sign stops lighting about 1 minute or more, also when I press gas pedal the sign stops lighting for a while... please if anyone knows what may be the cause of problem or how can i fix it, please help me... I'm waiting your recomendations.

hi, and welcome to FF,

the light is indicating a lack of oil pressure,
there is oil there , but the oil pump is struggling to pump it efficiently,

change the oil for cleaner oil..,
failing that you may have to remove the oil sump pan,
and clean the strainer/ overhaul the pump,

charlie

change the oil + filter cannister ( it may be the filter is choked)

Charlie

Ok, and additionally (or at first) replace the oilpressure indicator switch. # 13 as shown in the picture.
Succes!

Attachments

• 2014-07-26 01.20.jpg
    2014-07-26 01.20.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 54
Back