Technical Oil consumption

Currently reading:
Technical Oil consumption

Bravista2002

Guys I’m a bit worries about oil is this okay?
Oil was changed 2 and half months ago
1.9 150

Attachments

• IMG_8065.mov
    18.2 MB
  • IMG_8064.jpeg
    IMG_8064.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
I suggest you check the engine oil level accurately after letting it settle for ten minutes, fill to correct level exactly, then run for a month or several 100miles/kms and park up in exactly the same position, allow to settle for the same ten minutes and recheck oil level.
Anything else re oil level is a waste of time and only guessing re oil consumption.:)
The oil on stick looks quite clean, so recent oil change as you were told.
I see oil on exhaust in your video, does engine smell of oil after a run, do you have oil patch on road where you park?

I suggest you check the engine oil level accurately after letting it settle for ten minutes, fill to correct level exactly, then run for a month or several 100miles/kms and park up in exactly the same position, allow to settle for the same ten minutes and recheck oil level.
Anything else re oil level is a waste of time and only guessing re oil consumption.:)
I see oil on exhaust in your video, does engine smell of oil after a run, do you have oil patch on road where you park?
I cannot tell you about the smell because i can’t really feel it, but this is first oil patch that I have seen since I bought it. The car was staying there for 2 hours while I was outside then I checked the oil and took the picture. By the way this was on the floor but I am not sure if it is mine. Sorry if I’m asking too much, just that I’m worried.

Attachments

• IMG_8069.jpeg
    IMG_8069.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 17
By the way, I just came home and put the plastic cup underneath it so we will see if any oil falls off the car until tomorrow.

Back