oh dear :(

Currently reading:
oh dear :(

right well new tyre fitted,alloy survived okay with a 15g weight being needed to balance it.
picking up a new rack and track rod ends on friday(unless the flatmate will sub me the money tomorrow)
then we shall see if theres any more damage. on a plus point i get an ickle bonus in my wages this week so it will pay about 2/3 of the rack cost

well im back on the road :D

new rack,track rod ends,another new tyre and wheel alignment. all adds up.
still think the steering feeels different but im guessing its due to me driving the standard cinq with lighter steering and the new rack being tighter.

racks a bit of an awkward job as one of the supporting bolts is an akward bugger. even more so is the joint at floor level on the steering column.

also if anyone has a squeeky steering column as did before all this.strip down the steering column as my lower bearing had some how worked its way out. drifted back in and the metal bent in to hold it(thats how its done from new) and the squeak was gone.was going to replace the column but no need now.

mind oyu all that cash could have gone towards a spax fully adjustable set up:(

custard boy said:
mind oyu all that cash could have gone towards a spax fully adjustable set up:(

Know how you feel mate, Just spent £500 on a Rebuilt Gearbox + Carb Repair + someone tried to selotape my Inner CV Boots together, had to have htem replaced etc etc..

Its amazing what you can find when you look underneath a car :(

well ive been unsure of the feeling at the front since i got it back on the road.

cars been spinning its wheels easily and on full lock eg turning in a car park,it felt like it was sliding.

got the measuring tape out yesterday and it seems the passenger side(the side that hit)wheel is sitting further back than the drivers side :(

so think i'll just replace both lower arms as it was a bit clonky at the front anyway. no money for poly bushes though :(

guessing im best to get new bolts from fiat as well.any other tips?

have you had your tracking checked etc, maybe best if your car went to see if it needed jigging although as you say, you havnt got alot of money at the present time. Plumb bobs from certain points on teh chassis rail to the floor would let you know wether something is wrong becuase you can then measure the distance between and check for any irregularites (as you prob know) As you say i would defo get new bolts from fiat, if they have been under any impact stress and they come out ok, they mite not go back in so well when you tighten then up (as in snap :( ) bit of copper grease on the end of them is the only recommendation when putting the new ones in :p
Have you cleaned the arches etc and looked to see if there is any cracks in the paintwork etc where the metal has been stressed?

cheers for the advice. no obvious bodywork damage.
tracking was done but it was the local tyre monkeys as it was the nearest place at the time.

no real cash for much so im thinking i'll go with the replacement arm and see how we fair.wouldnt beleive a rock would do so much and cost me so much :(

Back