oh dear :(

Currently reading:
oh dear :(

GhostWKD said:
dude sorry to hear about it :(, makes me think i need to get a spare wheel in my car really :eek: although when my new wheels turn up i've got a 5th blinging wheel for a spare :p

yeah WHEN they turn up :p

a happier pic

Attachments

• cinq turbo.jpg
    cinq turbo.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 52
Same thing happened to me comming back from dunfermline I went through edinburgh to head south back to where I live and my TomTom (Bloody Thing) took me this crazy scenic route along these backroads where I hit a Ba***rd pothole. Only damage was the front left wheel and rear left tire thankgod manged to drive 100miles home on it too :D. The mechanic was amazed there wasnt any damage to the suspension and the tracking wasn't even out! :D. Damn I love fiat mechanics soo sturdy :)

IMAGE_00015.jpg

You drove 100miles on that tyre???

What was wrong with the spare? I wouldn't drive a metre on a tyre with half the side wall missing like that.

It could have been worse, guy over the road flipped his scooby doing 70 down a back road (thats slow considering what he could have been doing) But a bit of the bank at the side of the road had collapsed overnight and he hit it, total loss of control, span it 90 degrees and flipped it over.

Both him and his son were ok, but 3 month scooby was a write off

Aw naw! You have similar luck to me Custard, the same thing would have happened to me, you get some good stuff you think great then something like this happens.

I'd fit a new TRE then measure the gaps from tyre to arch and compare them side by side and obviously drive it plus get the tracking done.

Is your steering wheel all out?

Liam

unlukcy there custurd, i had a simlar experience but the uno was fine after.

i was going along a country lane i hadent used before at about 40 when suddenly i hit a hidden ditch which threw the car in the air after botteming out the suspension, must have been a good foot in the air then landed in another bloody ditch and took to the skys once again... luckily got off fine but i learned not to drive very fast in places you dont know....

That was rotten luck Custard. Hopefully you'll get away with just a new rack and track rod ends.

The picture of yours reminded me of when something similar happend to my Uno. Some clown ran into the front passenger side of my car while I was on a roundabout. Got out to examine the damage and couldn't see anything, despite a rather loud 'bang' at the time of impact. Tried to drive the car away from the accident and the steering was all over the place. Turned out to be the same problem yours had, a bent steering arm. What had happend in my case was that the front wheel took the whole impact and damaged the rack.

I got the car towed home, and when I reversed it up the drive the track rod end snapped off the steering rack. Ooer! Pics attached.

Got the insurance money, bunged on a second hand rack plus new track rod ends and I was back on the road. :D

Hope yours is similar and you'll be back on the road too (y)

Attachments

• Track rod damage.jpg
    Track rod damage.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Track Rod snapped.jpg
    Track Rod snapped.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 11
bloomfieldliam said:
Aw naw! You have similar luck to me Custard, the same thing would have happened to me, you get some good stuff you think great then something like this happens.

I'd fit a new TRE then measure the gaps from tyre to arch and compare them side by side and obviously drive it plus get the tracking done.

Is your steering wheel all out?

Liam

yup tyre will be the 1st thing though i'll be getting the wheel checked for being buckled 1st before i get them to order the tyre in. then i'll get the rack and rod ends fitted.till ive done both off these its undrivable as one wheel is pulling to the side.
when i changed the wheel and took it for a 5mph test drive it slid when i turn 180 degrees on a wide road!!

none of this will be happening for a bit as all the bills are due with it being the end of the month :(

Accidents like this appear costly etc but the suspension parts are designed to break to protect the chassis from damage, better off with a new rack then a write off.

Keep telling yourself this Custard to ease the pain.

Liam

well i went out to check on the car since its just sitting in the car park.looking very sorry for itself with the spacesaver on and the longer bolts for the alloy.
the drivers side tyre is low on air to leep it all looking sad ;)

looked in the passenger foot well and i now have a cinq turbo with a water feature! :(
nice deep puddle in there,had a look and it seems to be coming in via the door seal or there abouts. door bin seems dry so i dont think its coming through the door.
oh the humanity :eek:

Back