oh dear :(

Currently reading:
oh dear :(

well tonight i went and got some nice abarth sideskirts,rear spoiler and front apron for the turbo cinq from a guy who was listing on ebay. all good you think?

well on the way back i decided to go a back country road route to edinburgh as there roadworks on the m/way.
hit a rock/pothole or something very big and heavy on the way back.

front tyre has a nice big hole in it(couple of weeks old),suspension is all over the place and the car is undrivable. passenger wheel is sitting at a different angle to the drivers(passenger side took the hit)
so looks like the wishbone or more is bent :( dont know about the alloy

wont have any money to fix this for a couple of weeks at least :bang:

on the upside the guy selling the bits was a nice guy :)

Last edited:
if its just a wishbone, you should be able to do that yourself, hope you haven't bent the rack, or the top mount.

god it is hammering with rain today :(
right got the wheel of and it looks like the rack/track rod end took the brunt of the impact. dont think gaffer tapes gonna fix that.
aklso a pic to show the state of my nice new continental tyre,alloy has a bit of a graze(well more than a bit)hoping its not buckled though as new alloys are a no hoper just now.
lower arm looks okay though i need to have a good comparison with it on the deck as it is just too wet to be lying on the ground for long today

Attachments

• cinq turbo 001.jpg
    cinq turbo 001.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 10
  • cinq turbo 002.jpg
    cinq turbo 002.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 12
  • cinq turbo 003.jpg
    cinq turbo 003.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 11
  • cinq turbo 004.jpg
    cinq turbo 004.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 15
Helz said:
Oooooohhhhh sorry to hear this Custard :( I am glad to hear you're OK though, could have been a lot worse given the weather conditions! Hope the car is well again soon.

you know its weird but it didnt feel that big a hit at the time.thought pulling was just the fecked tyre but once the ickle space saver was on and i gingerly took it for a test it was obvious there was a big problem :bang:

Last edited:
Your still here man at the end of they day, Cars/parts can be replaced, lives cant. Just thankful your still here mate and its not any more serious

GhostWKD said:
dude sorry to hear about it :(, makes me think i need to get a spare wheel in my car really :eek: although when my new wheels turn up i've got a 5th blinging wheel for a spare :p

benefit of that stripped out rear is you could carry a full size spare :D had to rip out all off the boost build to get to the pram wheel alike spacesaver spare

Back